12

The 501st was back from Kashyyyk and Ahsoka and Rex were sitting together in the clone barracks on Rex's top bunk.

"Have you seen Jesse?" Ahsoka asked

"Not science the battle. Why?" Rex cocked his head and raised his eyebrows

"There's no way he doesn't like someone! He has love in his eye, and is so much lighter" she said in a teenage girl gossip fashion

"Ya' think so?" Rex smiled, "We could watch him for a bit"

"Yeah let's find him," Ahsoka thought for a moment, "Alright here the plan, I'll go into the air vents, you find him and talk about clone stuff. Tell me where he is and I'll follow him around"

"Sir yessir"

Rex had an idea of where Jesse was as he walked down the pathway. "Hey! Jesse!"

"Something wrong sir?" Jesse wondered

"Nope." Rex subtly reached for his commlink and pressed it so Ahsoka could hear "Wanna show me the gear you want me to spot check?"

"Sure. it's in the barracks"

Ahsoka positioned herself in the ventilation system watching Jesse's bunk. Jesse and Rex walked in and Rex began to check his gear. Rex glanced into the vent and Ahsoka nodded at him.

"Well it all looks good" Rex informed him

"Alright. I'm going to 79's with the 212th" Jesse stood up and walked out.

Ahsoka jumped down from the slender pipes. "I'm following him. Stay here and I'll contact you with what I find"

"Sounds good" Rex laughed, "this is so stupid"

"Yeah, but it's fun"

Ahsoka waited for a moment before walking into the bar. When she got there and saw Jesse she walked over to a table that wasn't too close but still the counter was still visible.

Ahsoka sat there all night bored out of her mind as she watched the drunken Jesse goof off. It wasn't as entertaining as she thought, more of just deeply concerning.

Jesse finally decided to head home and so Ahsoka filled shortly behind him.

Rex met her outside the temple. "Who is Jesse's girl?"

"Don't know yet" Ahsoka yawned, "Ima sleep" she slurred

"Goodnight 'Soka" Rex nodded

"G'night Rexie"

The pair continued to stalk Jesse for a few days until Rex saw him and fives chatting.

"I'm going to do it tonight!" Jesse squealed

"Go for it, man! Don't think just do it!" Fives encouraged

"Wait- what will Rex say if he finds out" Jesse worried

"He won't find out!" Fives reassured him "Go! Get out of here until you do it!"

With a nod, Jesse left and ran out of the barracks.

"Ahsoka I'm following Jesse he's going to meet her now! Hone in on my signal" Rex whispered into his commlink

He followed Jesse until he got to a room Rex had usually eaten in when he didn't feel like going to the mess hall.

Jesse nervously looked around before he opened the door and slip in. "Ohhh yeah! Come to daddy!" Jesse said with a low growl in his voice.

Ahsoka caught up with Rex and they steeped into the room.

"What are you doing here?" He quickly stepped in front of what he was doing to hide it.

"The better question is what are you doing?" Rex inquired.

Ahsoka raised her eyebrows at him

Jesse sighed "I-i'm sorry sir" He sounded mortified as he moved to reveal a half-eaten slice of cake

"YOU WERE EATING MY KARKING CAKE!" Rex yelled at him

Ahsoka burst out laughing "we found Jesse's lover!"  

A/N-- Oh jeez this was way too fun to write! Jesse X Cake was my friends idea so we can thank her for this chapter! it is what it is and it's too late to go back now. As always I hope yall enjoyed this chapter, and I hope to see you next time! Bye!