7

"Fives, we need to speak to the council about this" Ahsoka softly told Fives. They had spent the night in Ahsoka's quarters and chose to ignore the pounding on the door from the coruscant guard wanting to arrest Fives.

"They won't believe me!" Fives worried

"Yes, they will" Ahsoka reassured him. She nodded at him and spoke into her commlink "Rex, get down here, please. I'm taking him to the council but I can't protect him alone" she told him. A few moments later Rex came and Ahsoka slowly stepped out of the room, Fives right behind her.

"Are you sure about this? It'll be dangerous" Rex asked her lowly so only she could hear.

"I'm no stranger to putting myself in danger" Ahsoka confidently stated.

They walked in silence the rest of the short walk both Rex and Ahsoka looking out for anyone who might be a danger to Fives.

When they finally arrived at the council chambers Ahsoka was the first to step into the large room, followed by the two soldiers.

"Why have you come before us, young Tano?" Master Windu spoke first

"I believe that this clone has uncovered the identity of the sith lord and his plot to destroy the Jedi" Ahsoka calmly explained as she gestured for Fives to step forward and explain what happened.

"T-T-The sith lord is, it is the- the chancellor." Fives barely managed to get out. 

Looks of shock and confusion were passed around the room.

"Tup had killed General Tiplar because his control chip had malfunctioned and set of order 66 early" Fives explained

"And what is order 66?" Master Mundi asked

"It's an order that the chancellor can give us that activates the chips and makes us kill the Jedi," Fives told them

"Know this, how do you?" Master Yoda asked Fives in his backward way of talking.

"The chancellor told me himself, h-he attacked me and I acted in self-defense but he made it look like I tried to kill him," Fives said

"Well, I think it will be a waste of our time and is completely ridiculous" Master Windu asserted

"We didn't believe Ahsoka was telling the truth. We should learn from our mistakes and if it leads to the end of this war we should look into it" Master Kenobi spoke up

"I agree with Master Kenobi" Plo Koon stated

"As do I" Shakk Ti Agreed

"Decided it is," Master Yoda said, "go the chancellor we will, and remove him from office, we can."

"It is true that he has stayed in office far longer than he should have" Master Kenobi added "we should know what his true intentions are"

"If I may add Masters if he truly is the sith lord, it will be a difficult fight" Ahsoka pointed out.

"Then ready, we will be" Master Yoda assured her "I will go. Come with me, Master Kenobi, Master Ti, Master Plo, and young Tano will. Bring the clone we will"

"Shouldn't Anakin come also? He is one of the best fighters we have" Ahsoka asked

"Too close he is with the chancellor. Not want to kill him, he will" Master Yoda explained

"Yes, master" Ahsoka bowed and left the council chambers with the masters who were going.

Rex pulled Ahskoa to the side "Please don't do this! It will be dangerous and I can't lose you!" he begged

"Rexie you know I have to. I'll be careful, I promise" she insisted. Rex pulled her into a hug and just held her for a moment.

"May the force be with you," he said

Ahsoka nodded in thanks and ran to catch up with the masters who were further down the hall.  

They got to the senate building and Ahsoka was slightly nervous but itching for a fight. Master Yoda slid the door open and the Jedi filed in and stood in a way that blocked the door.

"Master Jedi. this is a surprise. How may I help you?" The chancellor greeted them.

"Chancellor Palpatine, you are being removed from office." Master Windu was the first to talk.

"We know about the plot to destroy the Jedi, make things easier for yourself," Obi-Wan added.

"Are you threatening me?" he growled

"The Senate will decide your fate" Windu stated

"I am the senate"

The Jedi each ignited their lightsabers and Palpatine jumped over the table and sprang at Plo Koon but he was able to dodge his strike. Plo spun and swung his sapphire blade at Palpatine. But he blocked it. He ran past Plo and to Ahsoka, here we go, she thought her yellow shoto blate landed onto of his red blade. Her darker green blade was quick but unable to stop a long cut from her hip to her knee. She yelled in pain and ducked down and rolled under him behind Plo Koon for protection. Master Yoda and Obi-wan stood next to each other blocking his strikes at them, but Palpatine turned quickly and sent his red saber into Master Windu's abdomen and he dropped dead. Palpatine couldn't turn fast enough to block Obi-Wan's final blow which killed Palpatine. 

Master Ti was the first to check Master Windu. "He's dead" she informed them.

Obi-wan nodded and helped Ahsoka to stand. She leaned towards him and kept her knee bent and her foot off the ground to avoid moving her leg too much. She had only one person on her mind: Rex. He would worry way too much about her leg, but she would be fine.  The sith lord was dead. And that's what matters. 

A/N--Woo! look at that, another one done! I've been on a roll with writing lately. The next chapter is going to have lovey-dovey rexsoka stuff so be ready for that. I killed Mace Windu because I don't like him. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next time! Bye!