Chapter Ten: Narcissus's Heir Is The First World Problem

Start from the beginning

"Well, not for you, of course..." I sighed in relief.

"Only an employer can set a dress code." She ended casually.

No. That would be Collin! An underwear model is going to decide what I wear?

We reached his suite eventually. Those five inches diminished to three after all the feet-dragging that poor Bridget did. I pitied her but right now, I pitied myself more. 

One glance at the door that read, 'Hold your pants!' and I was in a bout of croaky laughter. How fitting, I thought. 

Bridget smiled too.

"Uh-ahem." I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

I turned to find a vexed Collin as he stood in a polo shirt and chinos. His body still looked heavenly under all that clothing, but it didn't match the annoyed expression on his face.

"Who the hell are you? Why are you stalking me?" he spat out, not wasting his breath on any pleasantries.

Clearly, the boy had a memory problem. Otherwise, he would have remembered me from the last two times I've introduced myself at home. 

Besides, who is he calling a stalker?

Bridget piped in. "This is Melissa Connery, and she is your temporary assistant." 

"My what? Oh, hell no!" he dragged in his boyish accent. 

His eyes were scanning me from head to toe and I was feeling judged. Fury was surging through me.

How do I put this simply? I do not like being judged.

Blame the break-ups or whatever but dare a guy ever judge me again. I have had enough of that to last me a lifetime. I needed to remember that this was just my job and he was my boss. So suck it up, Mel. It's show time.

"I'm sorry about earlier." I didn't know which earlier I was even apologizing for. Sleeping in the same bed or walking into the men's washroom? 

"Chloe and I are friends, back in America, and she set me up with Clara for a week." I recalled that he knew Chloe, god knows how, and hoped it would somehow save my ass.

Only, it didn't. His previous level of mild annoyance went into a fully blown out anger explosion as I took Chloe's name.

"Chl—," he sounded thoroughly pissed off. "I should have known."

Known what? That a random girl from America who he had never met before but shared a bed with would indefinitely have something to do with Chloe? Yeah, how did he miss that?

"You never told me how you know her, you know?" I casually approached the subject.

He didn't listen. Maybe, he did but he certainly didn't answer. "Did she send you to spy on me?" he asked bluntly.

Spy on him? Why the hell would Chloe send me to spy on him

I didn't even know he existed until he squirmed into bed with me and clung onto me like an eagle onto its prey. What did he think of himself, expecting people to spy on him?

"No." I said in a duh tone, rolling my eyes.

He didn't seem very satisfied with the answer. "Whatever," he muttered. 

Walking past me and Bridget, he opened the lock to the door and walked into his suite. Bridget left at the cue and I followed behind him into the chamber. It didn't look like much from the outside but the inside was a whole another story. 

It was almost as luxurious as the castle I was living in. It was buffed up with a king-sized bed, a leather couch, a fully stocked refrigerator, a plasma screen with connected gaming consoles, a walk-in closet and an exquisite bathroom.