Chapter Ten: Narcissus's Heir Is The First World Problem

A/N: Hey guys! I know it's been forever and I left all my lovely readers hanging but please do forgive me. It's one of the downsides of studying in a boarding school with restricted internet access. 

Make sure to FOLLOW ME to receive news about the latest updates and whatnot! 

Anyway, I hope you guys like the chapter and keep waiting for the next update. xxx

We waited around for the shoot to end so I could meet my new boss. I would have been more excited if it was any other guy with that sensational body but it was that blanket-hogging jerk. 

Even so, I was anxious about how he would react when he found out I was his interim assistant. When you think about it, sharing a bed with him might not have been the best first impression.

Or was it?

When the director called for wrap, Collin, as I have been informed is his name, walked off the set in the exact opposite direction from where Claire and I stood. Grabbing a towel and swinging it around his neck, he picked up some water and casually strode away in his underwear.

Claire insisted that I go after him and introduce myself. I looked to her to come with, but she said I should be able to manage from here on. I turned on my heel and followed the boy, who was now almost out of sight.

He was walking at an alarming pace, and I could barely keep up. I took quick long strides to make up the distance because I had an awkward introduction to orchestrate. Before I could fully catch up, he swung right into a dark corridor.

I followed suit to realize that this looked a lot like a high school locker room. There were red cabinets lined up on either sides, and interspersed benches to sit on. The musky scent in the air was almost nauseating. 

Assuming it was another modeling set, I chased after him.

Only, I shouldn't have.

Although there was a thick cloud of steam fogging my vision, I could distinctly hear the showers running and men chatting. I had accidentally walked into the real men's bathroom!

Abort, Mel. Abort

Just as I was about to sprint out, Collin's eye caught mine and his face was riddled with confusion. Not pausing for a moment longer, I vanished out the corridor and went to find Claire.

"Did you meet him?" Claire asked monotonously, not looking up from her phone. I sighed.

"Oh, I met him alright." Why were all our encounters quite so intimate?

"Since his shoot is done for the day, he will probably be leaving the studio soon. I will allow you two to discuss your responsibilities for the week. Bridget here can show you the way to his suite," she remarked, heading back to the admin block.

Bridget, I couldn't help but notice, was wobbling around and barely maintaining the pace of a turtle. It looked like she was having trouble with the five inch heels she was fashioning. Nothing short of a miracle could explain how she was still smiling through the pain!

"Why do you wear them for work?" I asked, pointing towards her feet.

"Because they're mandatory for the dress code. I'm new here and it takes a while to get used to these suckers," she grinned at her blaring red stilettos.

Wait. Dress code? Would that mean I would have to wear heels to work too? 

"Mandatory for everyone?" I was begging for her to say I was an exception. I did come through Chloe, and I was only here for a week.