Chapter Twenty Two: I Have Thoughts That Could Put Me Behind Bars

A/N: Hello, amazing readers!

#473 on Teen Fiction and 1.5K reads since the last update! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I know this is a late update but I'm steering a whole lot of ideas in my head into one unifying direction, and MOST of you know how hard that is! S/O to ILiterallyCantDecide for the unending support!

Make sure to FOLLOW ME if you want to receive the updates!

Happy Reading x

"So what's the plan?" he asked feebly, clearly disinterested to join me as I plot to achieve world domination.

"I just want her to feel the way she makes others feel," I spoke through gritted teeth, surprising myself with the abundance of unnecessary determination.

Okay, so maybe world domination really meant hurting Nicky's feelings.

Really, this thing with Aaron shouldn't have been bothering me this much. But this wasn't about him; it was about Nicky and everyone else who don't bother acknowledging other's emotions over their own.

"She's a junkie in high school, Mel. I think life will do the dirty work for us?" Jake judged the situation too maturely, in my opinion, which was a definite first.

He's usually a, 'Who's bringing the ammo?' kinda guy.

"What's a junkie?" Jamie asked from beside me innocently, making me sit up straight. She stopped doing her homework and put the pencil down, awaiting a response.

My baby sister should be in no hurry to unveil the dark realities of the world. Hell, even I wasn't ready for it!

Jake sweetly interjected, "It's what people who allow wasteful things to clutter their mind are called, Jim-Jam. Are you one of those people?"

She shook her head with much vigor, earning two huge smiles.

"That's my girl, now does that mean you need a reward for being good?" he hinted mischievously, changing the subject.

She nodded again with equal vigor.

Jake walked away from the booth to go place an order for another strawberry milkshake. It was Tuesday afternoon and we were back at 122 Conch Street, i.e. the bedrock of all my evil schemes since I was about Jamie's age. Miranda wasn't in so I probably had to pop back in later again but right now, I was too immersed in my plan to torture a certain resident bitch known to people as Nicole Ward.

Turns out, 'the bitch' wasn't an actual part of her name, like it was a part of her personality.

Placing a giant glass filled to the brim with the icy drink, topped off with whipped cream and licorice drizzle, Jake retreated to his seat. Jamie let out a little squeal before she went to back to her homework and shooting for a tremendous brain freeze.

We know child diabetes is a thing. Caution? Not so much.

"Why are you going soft on Nicky?" I asked Jake, curiously eyeing him.

"I'm being indifferent towards her," Jake corrected.

"That is you being soft on her," I fought back.

"Don't you have better things to spend your time on, like figuring out what is up with Chloe? My money is on PMS with her too," he conceded.

I didn't really want to enter that whirlwind because the mere glimpses I caught of her reality were terrifying. God only knew where Lewis was!