I shook my head and looked at my phone. I didn’t want to have another dinner. What if I just called him? Just once? What if I just tell him how I feel? It’ll make me feel better to just call him. I stood in my room slowly realizing how bad of an idea that was.

“God, do I love him.” I said to myself before getting my keys and purse.

………..

I didn’t understand this whole dinner thing. The restaurant doesn’t even close until eight thirty. Something is just not adding up. When I finally pulled into the lot, there were several cars parked. Is that gramps’ car? I wasn’t sure how many cars were around back so I parked in the front and threw my purse over my shoulder. I don’t know why but I’d chosen to dress up, settling on light yellow skinny jeans, black heals and a floral top that was ‘flowy’ but hugged my curves. I didn’t feel like wearing my oversized comfy sweatshirt anymore. It had gotten me through a lot these past few weeks but maybe it was time to throw in the towel and start dressing like a normal person again. He’s just a guy.

And your soul mate.

I shook my head, ridding myself of these thoughts as I opened the door to the restaurant but I shut it back when I noticed a note on the door.

Early closing? Special event?

After going in through the door, I stumbled back in the dark almost falling over. Why is it dark in here? I don’t understand.

“Surprise!”

I gasped, shocked as I saw everyone in my family, Sammy, and…

There he stood, his curls trimmed and his face lit up as soon as he saw me. I couldn’t believe he was here. I thought things would really be over between us after seeing him at the bookstore. Wait, why is he here? Did my parents invite him? I admired how nice he looked. He was wearing his dark purple button up shirt that I always told him I loved. It reminded me of one time when we made out in that stupid janitors closet. That was fun. His black jeans were tight and his Converse adorned his feet. God, what he was doing to me with those eyes. I lost sight of him as many people began to hug me. When I finally got a minute, I looked around the room and saw all of the decorations. There were balloons everywhere and a huge banner with ‘Congratulations Grace!’ on it.

As Sammy pulled me in the direction of Calum, I turned around to look at Harry. When I first walked in he had looked as if he was waiting on me to run into his arms but now, he looked down and his feet and away from my eyes. Maybe I did want to be in his arms. Oh god, of course I did.

“Grace I am so proud of you!” Sammy praised.

I smiled as my mother came up to me and hugged me.

“This was all Harry. He put all of this together Grace. I think he’s suffered enough. At least go thank him.” my mom whispered in my ear.

“He did all of this?”

She nodded and I looked over to find Harry in the exact same spot. What should I do and why am I so dang nervous?