"Okay. Will you pick me up a coffee? One of those pumpkin things you let me try?"

"Yeah dad, I will."

I smiled when my dad handed me two twenty dollar bills.

"Get you a couple of books while you're there."

"Thanks dad. I love you."

"Love you too squirt."

.........

The nonfiction and science fiction sections were completely empty and I'd never understood Liam's interest in factual books about things you could find on the History channel. He loved those stupid alien shows and I just didn't get it. Despite the fact that the shows made me want to cut out my eyeballs, I watched them with him anyway. I thought fiction was much more enjoyable. The whole point was to escape from everyday life and venture into someone else's reality. Mine was sucky at the moment.

I kept Liam's book tucked under my arm as I made my way to the British lit section. I skimmed Rules of Civility by Amor Towels remembering how much I liked that novel. I was so into a part towards the end that I didn't even notice a figure approach me at first.

"Grace?"

I dropped the book to the floor along with Liam's and jumped back, bumping into the shelf behind me. Three more books fell that had been on display. Am I dreaming or did I just hear his voice? I looked up and there he stood, my blue eyes meeting his emerald ones. I squinted, not trusting myself that he was actually there.

"Harry?"

"Yeah. Um...what are you doing here?"

I didn't answer as Harry knelt down to retrieve my books.

"Aliens?" he asked, motioning to Liam's book.

"It's uh...not for me."

"Oh. Well Rules of Civility. At least you've got one good book."

"Yeah." I muttered looking away.

"Grace."

"Yeah?"

"Why aren't you looking at me?"

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. I bit the inside of my sore cheek and shrugged.

"I really have to go."

As I began to turn away from Harry, he grabbed my arm gently and pulled me close, too close.

"Grace. Please look at me."

I tuned around looking him squarely in the eyes, a tear escaping mine.

"What? What do you want from me Harry?"

"I want you."

"You don't know what you want." I said honestly, looking down at my book even though I couldn't even begin to focus on it.

"You don't want me?"

I closed my book and looked into his eyes. This was so painful but I hoped that I wasn't showing him my weakness. My weakness at the moment was merely being around him. Of course I want him. Ever since I met him I had been head over heels, always giving in and taking him back.

"You had your chance and I'm done waiting for you Harry. I'm moving to New York."

"What?"

"I got in...to NYU. I'm moving there...with Liam."

"What?!?"

I ignored him but I could tell that he wasn't going to let this go anytime soon. His eyes went dark and he narrowed them at me. I knew he was angry. I wasn't scared of him but I was scared of what he might say. I didn't want to hear hurtful things.

"No. Why the fuck is Liam going? I'm so proud of you Grace but..."

"You don't get a say anymore. Bye Harry."

"Stop. Don't walk away like this. Please."

"Harry please just leave."

"I'm not going to leave. Why in the hell would you go there with him? This isn't how this should be. You should be moving to England with me after we graduate, just like we said."

"Just like we said? Harry, what makes you think I would ever do that? Leaving the country with you is the craziest thing I've ever heard."

"So what, moving across the country with Liam isn't Grace?"

"No!"

"And why not?"

"Because I'll be with someone who actually cares about me!" I said way too loudly before putting a hand over my mouth.

I didn't mean to say that but the words just tumbled from my lips before I could rationally think them through. Harry looked completely shocked and hurt but didn't I mean what I said? He doesn't care about me.

"So I guess that's it huh? You go to NYU...I go to England." He said, his voice much quieter.

I nodded.

Harry sighed and I studied his eyes one last time before he was gone, muttering 'whatever' as he walked away. I felt even worse once he was out of sight. Of course I did. I loved that boy more than anyone.

Harry's POV

I actually ate breakfast that morning before I saw Grace. Too bad I threw it all up after pulling off the side of the road. Just the thought of Grace sharing an apartment with Liam made me livid. Before I could even rationalize my thoughts and think about what I was doing, I drove to that little asshole's house. I pounded on the door and Liam stepped out, closing the door behind him.

"What are you..."

"Shut the fuck up." I hissed, slamming his body against his door.

"What the hell?"

"So you think just because we're having a rough spell you can swoop in and try to take her from me? She is not moving in with you!"

"Yes she is and a rough spell? You broke her heart."

"I didn't think about what I was doing."

"I can assure you, she doesn't want you back."

"And how do you figure that?" I snapped.

"She's the one who agreed to this. She wants this."

"No."

"Why can't you just let her go? She deserves to be happy and not have her heart broken every five seconds."

"I love her Liam and there is no fucking way I'm letting this happen."

"We'll see."

I wanted to hit him. My body craved it but I knew that if I did, she'd never forgive me and I needed her. I knew that she needed me too. She had to. I can't just stand by while the love of my life moves in with another guy. She can't be away from me.

"I'm such a fucking idiot." I muttered to myself after climbing in my car.

After I had a smoke, I got out of my car and took a walk around the neighborhood, trying to form some plan. How the fuck did I ever think I could actually stay away from her when she is the damn key to my happiness? Now I wasn't even positive that she would give me another chance.

Well maybe instead of finding her and groveling, maybe you should make it up to her. Now, how the fuck do I do that? I got in my car minutes later and drove to my last job, the one I quit.

I smiled when her car wasn't in the parking lot. The only car in the back lot was Austin's. I quickly stood and ran into the building, pounding on the door. I heard Austin call out and then the door opened.

"Harry?"

Zander came up running behind Austin.

"Styles?" Zander asked.

They exchanged a look and I shrugged.

"I need your help."