the bully

Words: 1073

YOUR POV:

"Bloody hell!" I screamed to myself as I was scrambling to pick up my books and papers that fell out of my arms. As I reached down to pick up the last book I was forced and pushed up against a near by wall.
"Someone drop their book?" That all to familiar voice that's haunted me since day one teased as their grip kept me against the stone cold wall. Draco Malfoy. He's bullied me and humiliated me for years. But somehow, through all of the teasing, bullying and bruises i still fancy him for it. I couldn't do anything but squeak in pain as he held my wrists against the sharp stone wall. A laugh erupted from his throat as he let me go, causing me and my stuff to fall to the floor, yet again.
"Pathetic." He spat, his goons behind him laughing and copying him.
"Let's go boys, I think we've done enough" he smirked, he walked down the corridor behind his goons. I stayed on the floor for awhile, listening to their footsteps become quieter as they walked away laughing. Finally, tears fell from my eyes and dropped down my face hitting the floor leaving splash marks. I reached out with a shaky hand to pick up my stuff without noticing that Draco had stopped and turned around. He was looking at me with sad eyes and a frown he stood there, his fists clenched in a ball as his jaw tightened. But like I said, I didn't notice.

———-

The next day came and everything was fine. I went from class to class without running into Draco or any of his goons sighing a breath of relief when I made it out of my last class turning to the right down the corridor. I held my books to my chest as I walked by people among different houses, I kept my head up but I didn't talk to others because all I wanted to do was simply get to my room, change into my pajamas and stay in till dinner was served.

However, to my surprise, Draco was waiting for me when I turned the corner but, this time it was just him. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him, he hadn't noticed I was there. He was leaning against the wall of the empty corridor near a window that shined bright light through the hallway. His platinum blonde hair fell over his face shaping it as he looked down at his shoes. I mentally prepared myself, my legs were frozen and I didn't know what to do. I let a breathe I didn't even know I was holding in and Draco's head snapped up. His eyes weren't cold like they usually were in fact, they were soft, his soft gaze seemed to relax my stiff body as he stood there and gazed at me. We stood like that for a few minutes, my books clenched in my arms and pressed against my chest trying to hide the sound of my pounding heart. His head dropped in defeat, my brows furrowed in confusion at the action as I was awaiting for a snarky comment or my books to be slammed out of my arms. I took a few deep breaths, my thoughts were arguing back and forth with each other. After debating with myself for a few minutes I was brought out of my thoughts by a soft sniffle. Draco's arm rubbed his face quickly as he wiped the tears off of his face.

That's when I lost it. My books dropped to the floor, a loud boom echoed down the corridor following soon after. The clinking and clanking of my shoes tapped against the cold corridor floors as I made my way over to the boy without hesitation. I didn't care if this was some kind of joke or another way to tease me all I cared about was Draco in that moment, all the snarky comments, tears and bruises caused by him were forgotten as I approached him. His sniffles and sobs were louder. My heart sank as the sounds filled my ears and I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. He lifted his head up at the touch of my hand, he looked at my through his wet eyelashes with his grey blue eyes. My face fell as I looked at the tears that streamed down his face silently, I moved my hand up his shoulder to fit around his neck.my arms squeezed slightly as I leaned into him bringing him into a hug. I could feel his body grow stiff against mine but, after he got comfortable his arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me into his chest and moved his head to burying into the crook of my neck.

We stayed like that for awhile. No words were said. No words needed to be said in that moment. I didn't want the moment to end, you had a feeling that this was just a vulnerable moment for Draco and soon after he came to his senses he would go back to hating you. If anything, it would get worse after this. After a while Draco's sniffles slowed down and his breathing because even again, we pulled away from each other and stood there staring at anything but the other.

"Thank you.." my eyes looked up at him, my breath caught in my throat as I watched him wipe his face. His arms fell to his sides and he looked at me, his tongue licked his bottom lip quickly. I took a deep breath trying to calm the thoughts running through my head, I finally came to my senses again but lost them when I felt a pair of warm soft lips on mine. Before I realized what was happening he pulled away, his hand reached up and rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness. I smiled and let out a soft giggle as my face slowly turned a rosy red color.

The rest of the evening was spent with him out by the lake underneath a tree. We talked for hours and enjoyed each other's company. He apologized for everything he had said and done to me before our little moment in the corridor. Of course being me I accepted the apology. But I wouldn't be happier with anyone else.