Chapter 11 //Dr. Feelgood\\

"I can't believe Vince got in a fight with Izzy and Axl" Layla said to Nikki as they came through his front door. They had just come from the MTV Music Video Awards where Vince and Izzy and then Axl proceeded to get into a fist fight. 

"I know, his bullshit needs to stop." Nikki replied tiredly taking off his jacket and draping it over the back of one of the chairs in the kitchen. 

"Do you even know what happened?"

"I'm sure Fred or Doc will fill me in." Nikki sat down at the island in the kitchen watching Layla go to the fridge and pull out a bottle of wine. She got a glass out of the cupboard and poured herself some. He watched the pale yellow effervescent liquid stream into the cup.

"Could you pour me a small glass?" He asked her hesitantly.

"Yeah?" She looked to him for confirmation.

"Yes, a small one."

She reached up into the cabinet and grabbed the smallest drinking glass she could find, filled it up halfway and handed it to him. Layla brought her cup up to her lips and took a slow pull of the liquid watching him stare at the glass in front of him momentarily before picking it up.

He closed his eyes and took a long sip, first he tasted the fruit of the wine and then the alcohol.

I'm okay, this is okay. Today was a lot to handle, I can have one glass of wine with my girlfriend.

"This is nice." Nikki said, referring to the glass in his hand.

"It's my favorite."She replied with a smile. 

A small moment of silence passed between the two. Both of them came to the realization this was his first drink of anything alcoholic since rehab. 

"So, I've been thinking..." He trailed off.

"What?"

"I've been thinking that since a bunch of your things are here anyway, that maybe you would like to move in with me?"

She looked up from her cup and stared into his eyes.

"I'd love that Nikki, my lease is up in a few months, so this works out perfectly." 

He stood up and came over to her on the opposite side of the island, he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her gently. She opened her mouth and deepened the kiss before sucking on his bottom lip. 

There was a mischievous glint in his eye as he picked her up and sat her down on the countertop. Kissing and sucking on her neck he muttered,"God, how do you turn me on so easily?"

Layla clawed at the front of his pants, fumbling in her haste to release him.

He popped open the button for her, a sharp inhale of his breath when she touched his hot flesh, pulling him out and stroking his growing hard on. 

"Nikki... Can you fuck me?" She asked in her most sickenly sweet voice. 

"Baby, I'll fuck you until you can't move you legs anymore."

*****

They woke up the next morning tangled in the sheets, to the sound of Nikki's landline ringing. 

"Hello?" Nikki answered gruffly.

"Hey Nik, sorry to wake you, but I have some great news."

"Hey Ray, what's up."

"I wanted to tell you congratulations, Dr. Feelgood is number one on the billboard charts."

Nikki sat up straight in bed, "For fucking real?! Holy shit, that's amazing! Bro thanks so much for calling."

He hung up the phone, Layla was looking at him in confusion.

"Baby, Dr. Feelgood is number one. Number fucking one!"

"Oh my God, Nikki that's amazing, I'm so proud of you!"

"I've gotta call Tommy," He said, reaching for the phone again. Layla grabbed his bicep pulling him back over towards her. 

"Not before I thoroughly congratulate you." She pulled back the covers and kissed her way down his stomach, taking him into her mouth.

"Oh fuck... Yeah Tommy can wait..."

*****

"I can't fucking believe were the hottest guys in music right now." Tommy said, taking a sip of his beer.

"I don't think that's what number one means Tommy." Layla laughed.

They were all hanging out down at the Rainbow, getting dinner and reminiscing about the old days, celebrating the success of their album. 

She gazed over at Nikki, he seemed to be enjoying himself immensely. He opted for a Diet Coke this time, not wanting to push it tonight. 

He leaned down to whisper in her ear, "I really love you, and I want to thank you for being here to support us tonight." She kissed his cheek in return. 

Tommy decided to order two rounds on Sambuca for the table.

Nikki stares at the shots set down in front of him.

Tommy comes over and sits down next to him, obviously a little buzzed.

"Come on Sixx! Celebrate with me! You're no fun anymore. I don't even think Layla believes the stories you've told about us, you act like an old man now bro."

Nikki glares at Tommy and grabs one shot glass, downs it, and slams the next one.

He felt that all so famillar burn in his throat coating its way down making his stomach warm. He missed it.

And that absolutely terrified him.

Tommy got distracted talking to Shannon and the others . A few minutes of Nikki sitting in silence, quietly panicking, he started feeling his brain get fuzzy.

He turned to Layla who was chatting with Sharise, tapping lightly on her thigh. 

She finally noticed him, he looked a little panicked.

"What's wrong babe?"

"I want to go home. Right now, I want to go home."

"Okay, okay, we'll go."

She excused the both of them, and they headed out of the club. Once they got in the car she asked him if he was alright.

"No. I'm not alright."

She nodded her head and started the ignition. 

Hello! So sorry about not being consistent in my updating. It's been a little hectic lately and I just went back to work. Thank you for reading another chapter!

Let me know what you think!

Vote and Comment!

XOXO Grace