Chapter 25 // Wedding Bells\\

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the story. It's been a crazy couple of months, and I've missed Nikki and Layla. 

It's an unexpectedly warm day in April, as venue workers were hurriedly getting everything in place for Tommy and Shannon's wedding. Shannon picked a lavish hotel right on the beach, where her ceremony will take place in the garden overlooking the Pacific Ocean. You can hear the waves crashing onto the shore while guests sit in their seats.

One by one friends and family file into the courtyard, figuring out what side to sit on, the brides or grooms. The late afternoon sun will turn to amber shortly, just in time for them to recite their vows.

Meanwhile, Shannon, Layla, and a few other women who were carefully chosen to join them in the Bridal Suite were putting the finishing touches on their hair and makeup.

Shannon was standing in the full length mirror admiring herself. Her ivory floor length, off the shoulder dress hugged every curve. The dress was tailored extensively, accommodating her 7 month baby bump.

Layla comes up behind her, smiles at her best friend, and fixes a stray curl, " You look gorgeous babe. Tommys definitely going to start crying when he sees his beautiful bride."

Smiling over her shoulder making eye contact with Layla, Shannon agrees.

Across the hall in the groom's dressing room Tommy, the rest of the band, and Tommy's father are making themselves presentable.

"You know Son, your mother and I have been waiting a while for this day. Your life is about to change for the better, boy. After today you're going to be married, committed to this woman for the rest of your life." Tommy's father tell him while securing Tommys tie.

"Pops, I have gotten married before, remember?"

"I remember.... But this time she is carrying your child. You can't give up on her just because things get hard. In a few short months you're going to be a father, Son, and that is the most important job you'll ever have. Cherish your wife, and your daughter. You hear me?" Mr. Bass sternly puts his hands on his son's shoulders.

"He's telling you to not fuck this one up, drummer," Mick calls from the other side of the room as chuckles emit from the other men in the room.

"I got it! I got it!"

Nikki opens the door of the dressing room, extending it open for Tommy and the other men to walk through. "Come on man, let's get you out there, you've got a bride to marry."

The men are waiting for the girls at the altar, one by one standing in a line shoulder to shoulder. Tommy, Nikki, John, and Mick. The music starts to play, and the guests take their seats and the rest of the bridesmaids start to walk out.

"I have something to tell you!" Layla exclaims.

"What, what is it?" Shannon replies, laughing and shaking her head.

"I haven't told anyone yet, not even Nikki, but yesterday I took another pregnancy test, and this one is positive!"

The girls erupt in shrieks and laughter.

"That is the best wedding present I could have gotten, oh my God!" Shannon exclaims hugging her best friend as tight as she can.

Smiles are plastered on their faces as Layla leads down the aisle towards the rest of the group.

A golden hue is washed upon the wedding party as Tommy leans down to kiss his brand new bride.

"God, I love you so fuckin much." Tommy whispers on Shannons lips.

The reception held in the hotel ballroom was a sea of silver, light blue, and black. Guests were asked to dress in the wedding colors. The room was filled with flowers, and twinkling lights, there was an ice sculptor next to the bar. Nothing but extravagance for the Lee's.

Layla peered at the guests from her table, some of her oldest friends were here, some she hadn't seen since graduation day from high school. She couldn't help but marvel at what her life has become, she was truly in for a wild ride. Layla looked over at Nikki's bandmates. Mick had accompanied Nikki to get a drink at the bar, John was out on the dance floor with his wife, and Tommy was starstruck. Looking at his new wife with so much adoration.

Watching Nikki laugh with Mick, she couldn't wait to tell him that she was pregnant. He had been waiting for this for so long, he's pined for it, went through the 5 stages of grief over it. Layla stood up, smoothed down her light blue bridesmaid dress, and confidently in her heels walked over to him, now standing alone with a glass of red wine in his hand.

"Hey baby! Are you having fun?" He said, smiling down at her.

Wrapping an arm around him she replied," I am having a great time. This is definitely the most fun I've had at a wedding."

"Me too. I'm actually sober for this one." He said while his fingers traced patterns on her back.

They both looked on as Tommy and Shannon were sharing a dance with their parents.

"Hey babe, I have something to share with you."

Nikki looked down at his beautiful girlfriend awaiting her response, as she met him with a radiant smile.

Let me know what you think of the newest chapter! It was long awaited.

XOXO Grace