Chapter 16: What?

Not too much happens but hey, it's better than nothing. 

enjoy! 

Chapter 16

It takes me a few seconds to realize what she just said.

“What?” I say kind of stunned.

She smiles, “I said, I love you. Can we not a big deal out of it? Just pretend you’ve heard me say it before.” She hops off the bed and heads for the door.

“No. I can’t just pretend that I’ve heard you say it before. But I won’t make a big deal out of it. But can you do me one more favor?” I walk to her and grab her by the waist and pull her in close to me. I love the feeling of her skin touching mine. We might have clothes on but still.

“What’s that?” she runs her hands up my arms and around my neck and starts playing with the hair at the base of my neck.

“Say it again.” I whisper to her. Having her this close to me is getting to me. Especially with her fingers playing with my hair. I place my forehead against hers.

“I. Love. You.” she says slowly and enunciates each word.

I can’t fight the smile that breaks it way onto my face. I pull her even closer, if that’s possible, and place a kiss on her lips. Nothing too naughty. Just a short and sweet kiss.

“I’m never going to get tired of you saying that.” I say as I pull away.

“That’s great babe. Can we go find food now?” she doesn’t bother waiting for an answer.

“I’m gonna grab a shower.” I yell towards the door. I faintly hear her say okay.

I grab a few things and walk to the bathroom.

(Cori’s POV)(random change, I know)

 I make it to the kitchen without hyperventilating. I’m so happy he decided to grab a shower. I needed a few minutes to myself. I sit down at the little island and put my face in my hands.

I can’t believe I just told him I loved him. I mean it’s true. But I wasn’t really on planning telling him, not right now at least. Everything just now seemed to be getting back to normal. I don’t want to mess things up.

I try to calm my heart rate and distract myself by looking for food. Of course it doesn’t really work but I can’t just continue to sit here and look like an idiot when he comes down.

Well, I could probably. He wouldn’t think anything of it.

There’s some hamburger meat in the freezer so I sit it out in the sink so it can thaw out. That’ll be great for supper. I also set out some potatoes.

They really do keep things stocked in here.

“You know, you look kind of hot just standing there acting like a wife.” I hear him say. I whip around, holding a hand to my chest.

“Don’t scare me like that.” I say as I turn back around to the counter.

“I’m sorry angel.” I can’t help but smile at that. He’s gotten into the habit of calling me angel. I freaking love it. It’s better than being called babe or baby. It seems more personal to me, I guess.

“What did you find?” he asks as he tries to see in the sink.

“Hamburger meat and potatoes. So I figured we could have hamburgers and I could make some fries. Sound good or do you want something else?” hamburgers actually amazing right now, I hope he doesn’t change it.