Chapter 11 (part 2)

Sorry for the wait! 

enjoy!

Chapter 11 (part 2)

Nick’s POV

It’s been a week since Cori went missing. Everything has been hectic. I’ve had nearly all the officers at the station working on to find her. So far all we know is she’s not close to here.

I’ve been followed since the day she was taken. I’ve made it look like I’m not bothered by her being taken. I go on about my usual business. All the officers are keeping everything under wraps. I don’t want this jackass to hurt her even more than he probably already has. If he knows we’re looking for her and coming for him then he’ll be more likely to hurt her or worse.

Mandi has been depressed. She barely comes out of her room. All her teachers are concerned but luckily they understand why. She barely eats, only when I force her too. Like at the moment.

“Mandi!” I yell as I pound my fist on her door. I know she hates it but I refuse to let my daughter slowly go right in front of my eyes.

She opens the door and lets me in. I carry the tray full of food to her bed and sit it down. It’s her favorite. Grilled shrimp, teriyaki chicken, and fried rice. Luckily for me she sits up and leans on the headboard and places the tray on her lap.

“Thanks dad. Have you found anything new?” her voice cracks at the end.

I shake my head, “No sweetheart. We haven’t. We’re trying though. All we know right now is that she’s out of town. Mandi, I really need to know if anyone has been giving her trouble at school. Anything out of the ordinary been going on?”

“No. Not that I saw anyways. Everything seemed normal. She never mentioned anything either.” I can tell this is really bothering her. Hell, it’s bothering me too.

“You really love her don’t you?” she questions.

“Yes.” I don’t have to think about it. I already know I do. Hell, I’ve known for a while.

“Just treat her right. Don’t hurt her.”

I laugh. “Do you really think I would hurt her? I’ll hurt whoever took her. But not her. I couldn’t do that even if my life depended on it.”

“Good. I know you’re my dad and everything but I’d have to kick your ass. Sorry but it’s in the girl code.” She shrugs her shoulders and finishes eating.

“Thanks for the food dad.”

“You’re welcome.” I say quietly. I kiss her gently on her forehead and walk out of her room, carrying the tray with me.

I sit it back in the kitchen and begin washing the dishes.

My phone begins to ring. I glance at the number and realize it’s Joe, one of the officers working on the case.

“Hello?”

“Hey Nick. We got something. You might want to head over to the station.”

Immediately, I hang up and grab my stuff.

“Mandi! Going to the station. Call you later love you!” I yell and run out the door jumping into my truck.

It’s not always that you see a cop disobeying the speed limit. But honestly the speed limit could go to hell for all I care. My girl is more important.

I pull up to the station and jump out and run into the station.

“What do you have?” I say breathlessly as I walk/run in.