Chapter 12: The Aftermath

Sorry it took so long for an update! Things are a bit busy right now! 

Dont be mad! Enjoy this chapter! 

Chapter 12

Whatever the hell that beeping noise is needs to stop. How is a girl supposed to get some sleep? I try to open eyes  but it’s almost like they’re glued shut.

“Don’t strain too hard sweetheart. It’ll only cause more problems.” I hear a voice, yet I see no one.

I keep trying open my eyes to see who the voice belongs too but no such luck.

“Sweetheart, I told you to stop. You need to relax. The doctor says if you strain too much it could do more damage.” I swear that voice sounds familiar. I know it from somewhere.

“You’re still under a lot of drugs at the moment. Just relax and go back to sleep. I’ll be here when you wake up.” It says again.

This is stupid. I give a lot of props to blind people for being able to deal with the whole not seeing thing. Honestly they’re badass because I can’t do it.

I feel myself start to fall back asleep.

4 hours later..

This time when I wake up, I can see. Everything’s a little blurry though. My whole body hurts. It aches all over. Even my split ends hurt. I doubt that’s possible but it sure as hell feels like it.

“Morning sweetheart.” I turn my head a little to the left. I see Nick sitting beside me. Honestly, he looks like shit. His eyes are blood red with dark circles underneath. His hair is all a mess, looks nothing like it normally does. His skin is pale, not his usual tan he has.

“Wha—“ I attempt to ask. My throat is too dry. Luckily though, he realizes that and hands me a small cup of water. I drink it like my life depended on it.

“What happened?” I ask once all the water is gone.

“I’ll explain everything to you once the doctors take a look at you okay?” he says as he gets out of the chair and walks to the door. He pauses right before he gets out of the door. “Forgot something.” He quickly comes to my side and kisses me.

“I love you.” he doesn’t give me enough time to say anything back before he’s out the door.   

Not even five minutes later the Nick walks back in with the doctor behind him.

“Hi Cori. I’m Doctor Cook. How are you feeling?” he asks as he looks at my chart.

I shrug my shoulders, “My body hurts. When can I leave?” the quicker I get out of there the better. I absolutely hate hospitals.

Before he says anything, I know it’s not gonna be something I like. He sighs before placing the chart on the table next to him. He walks over to me with a flash light in his hands.

“You need to at least be in here for another night. We need to make sure everything is still fine. Now, look at my finger. Don’t follow the light.” He places his index finger in the air before taking the flashlight and shining the light in my eyes.

“So I can leave tomorrow?” I ask as soon as he’s done.

He chuckles. “Yes. If everything is still okay tomorrow you will be able to leave.”

I look at Nick, who’s been quite the whole time, smiling. The smile falters though when I notice his expression. I’m about to question him when the doctor speaks.