Chapter 13: Surprise!

To make up for not posting for awhile! here's another chapter.

I hope you enjoy it! 

Chapter 13

Mandi’s POV

I lay on the bed with Mason after a very uneventful day with Cori.

“You okay baby?” Mase asks as he lays on the bed.

I let out a deep breath before replying. “I guess I’m just worried about her. It’s been a month. She’s lost so much weight and cries herself to sleep every night. My best friend, the girl who’s been there through everything with me, is going right before me and I can’t help her.” I let out a little cry before shoving my head into Mason’s chest and let out a louder cry. He wraps his arms around me before tightening them and rubbing my back.

“I know baby. Maybe you should tell her that you’ve talked to your dad. Let her know that he’s okay.” He says thoughtfully.

“I don’t know. I know she needs to know but I hate talking about him around her. It seems to make it worse.” I say regretfully.

I’ve managed to not talk about him at all around her. There’s times where I want too but I don’t.  She makes it hard to talk about anything. I have been able to get her to eat and shower. But hell, that takes a lot.

“Just try and talk to her tomorrow. Get some rest.” I give him a quick kiss before placing my head back on his chest and drifting off to sleep.

Cori’s POV

It’s been one month.

One whole month.

I haven’t heard from him. it’s like he disappeared right off the face of the earth. He is a cop, so I’m sure he could make that possible. I really just don’t understand this. I mean I understand why he thinks this is his fault but honestly it’s not. It’s my fault too. We both got the letters and messages. We should have been more careful or stopped when we could and this would have never happened. But I didn’t wanna stop. I’ve been in love with this guy since I could remember.

But I guess now I don’t really have a choice. He left and I have no way of contacting him. Every time I call his cell, it says the number has been disconnected. I guess he really doesn’t want me to get in touch with him.

The only good thing that’s happened lately is that I’m fully healed. Well, physically I am, well kinda. I don’t really eat as much as should and all I do is lie in bed. Mandi talked to our teachers and principal, she told them that the whole kidnapping thing really got to my head and I’m scared to leave the house. So they agreed to let Mandi bring me the classwork and homework. Some guy comes to tutor me. I think his name is Dean. He seems like a nice guy. He’s very understanding and takes his time with me.

Actually, he’s supposed to be here in a few minutes. Today is math, I think. That’s a good thing since I’m really good at math. He usually stays for a couple of hours to go over everything and help me. But on days where we do math, he stays for about 30 minutes. 

I hear the doorbell ring. I hop off my bed and make my way downstairs. My parents visited for a couple of days and left again. But they did leave money. So it’s whatever.

I open the door and see Dean standing there. I smile and let him in.

“How was your day?” I ask him. My voice is quite. I hardly talk anymore.

“It was decent. You know school, nothing ever happens. How about yours? Enjoy being lazy?” he asks with a smile.

I laugh but nod my head. We make our way to the living room and sit on the couch.