Chapter 7: The Confrontation

sorry for any mistakes! 

love you!

Chapter 7

I make it to the beach. But before I actually go see the beach. I have to find a place to stay. Today is Monday, if you’re wondering. I know what you’re thinking. Why are you looking for a place to stay, shouldn’t you be in school? Or if you’re the type of person who doesn’t care about school, you’re probably like.. hell yeah! Beach time!

Well, I don’t plan on going back until this weekend. Or maybe just a couple of days. I haven’t actually thought that far ahead. I’m going with the flow. Right now, I’m driving around to find a cheap but good hotel to stay in. I have family close to here but I’d rather them not know.

I still haven’t turned my phone on. Of course I want too but I make myself not reach for it. It’s hard though. All I really wanna do is pick up my phone and call Nick and beg him not to just throw this away since it just began. But I already fought in a relationship like that. Might as well get out while you can instead of staying and trying to fight for something that’s not there anymore.

I’ve heard people say that if you love someone then you fight for them. Fight with all you have. But I’ve also heard people say if you love something, let it go and if it comes back it’s your. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be.

My last relationship was a fight. I fought day and night to keep it going. This one, it’s not gonna be like that. I’m not gonna fight this early into it.

After about 15 minutes of driving around I find a hotel and pull in the parking lot and getting out. I make sure to grab my wallet and keys. I leave my phone laying where I threw it earlier.

“Hi. How can I help you today?” the receptionist says as I walk up.

“I need a room for two nights please.” I say as nicely as I can. I’m not really in the mood to deal with other people.

“Okay. Just one bed?”

I nod my head, “Yes. Any floor will do.”

“Okay. The total is $126.87.” I slide her my card and wait for her to hand me the stuff to sign.

Once everything is done she hands me the key. “Here’s your key. Your room number is 317. On the third floor.”

I thank her and head back outside to get all my things out of the car. And make my way back in to the elevator.

It’s not a bad place. It’s actually nicer than some places that are more expensive. I grab my bathing suit and change. It’s a simple black one. Nothing too bad. Then I put on some blue jean shorts and a tank top.

I walk down to the beach and sit close enough for water to hit my toes but nothing else. I sit there and think about everything that’s happened today. I don’t understand why he would just give it up like that. And without talking to me first. He just gave up.

Before I realize it, the sun is setting. I slowly make my way back to the hotel. Not really wanting to go in and be alone. But I guess I don’t really have a choice. I am the one who came here alone.

I’m too busy staring at the ground to notice someone standing in front of me until I run into them. It’s a hard chest. Very hard.

I start to apologize when the words die out in my mouth when I look at the face of the person I ran into.

“How did you know where I was?” I’m surprised he’s here. I didn’t expect it.

“I came to find you.” funny how his voice makes me want to jump in his arms. Actually, no. It’s not funny at all. Stupid. Very stupid.

“Why?” I’m looking anywhere but his face. I can’t look him in the eyes.

“Why did you leave? Is it because of what I said?” I can hear the hurt in his voice.

I let out a sigh, “Can we not talk about this here? We can go to my room and talk there.”

He simply nods his head. I start walking to my room. Neither of us saying anything. We’re both lost in thought.

Though, I’m sure he’s regretting coming here. Right?

I walk in the room and sit on the bed. Immediately I regret the decision to come here and be alone with him. My hormones are crazy right now.

“Are you gonna tell me why you ran away?” This time I look at him. His face showing no emotion.

“Are you gonna tell me how you found me?” I ask never breaking eye contact.

He lets out a frustrated sigh. “I’m a cop. How do you think, Cori? I traced the last place you used your card.”

Well, that pisses me off. “What?! You fucking traced my car? Have you ever heard of privacy?!” I scream at him.

“Privacy? You’re my girlfriend! You have no privacy when you decide to up and leave for no damn reason! Do you know how worried I was about you? How worried Mandi was? All I could think was that something bad happened to you. that I would get a call to a wreck and it would be you!” he runs his fingers through his hair and turns away from me, facing the window.

He just admitted to me being his girlfriend. But he broke up with me.

“You broke up with me Nick. I’m not your girlfriend anymore.” He whips around with shock all over his face.

“What? I didn’t breakup with you? What are you talking about?”

I look at him like he’s stupid. But of course, he is.

I grab my phone off the bedside table. How did that get in here? Oh well.

I turn the phone on and wait for it to load up.

“What are you doing?” he questions me.

I don’t look up, “I’m looking for the message but all the ones you sent me earlier are coming through. Some from Mandi and Mason are too.”

I scroll through all his messages first. All say the same thing pretty much. Just he’s worried and to call him back. Blah blah blah.

I find the one from this morning and show it to him.

He reads it and throws the phone on the bed and crouches in front of me.

“Baby, I didn’t send that. I promise you that. I’m so sorry you got that. But I swear to you I didn’t send that. I don’t want you break up with you. I don’t care if you told Mandi about us. And I don’t care if anyone knows about us. I did not send that to you. I’m sorry baby. I love you.”

He said I love you.

He said that.

Nick said it.

Nick said I love you.

To me.

Holy moly. 

A/N: i know it's not alot but it's something right? 

comment and vote! 

love you guys!