Chapter 9: Mandi Knows

I know it is very much awaited for. 

Soooo, here it is. 

Enjoy! 

Chapter 9

“So it’s official? Y’all are like a couple now?” Mandi asks as I open my locker. In all honesty, I didn’t want to be having this conversation right now.

I’d so much rather be back at the beach right now. But it is Friday morning, so spring break is just a couple days away.

“I don’t really know. I guess. Can we not talk about this right now?” I ask her almost desperately.

“Yeah sure. I’m going to meet up with Mason. I’ll see you in class.” I wave bye to her and see walks away. I shut my locker door at the same moment my phone goes off. Where’s my phone you ask? It just so happens to be in the same locker that I shut.

I open it again and dig through my purse, grabbing my phone and slamming the door shut. I’ve been moody all morning. Everything is pissing me off this morning. My parents are back. I should be happy but far from it. As soon as I woke up this morning, I got lectured about going on my personal vacation. Dad wasn’t nearly as mad as mom was. He actually thought it was funny.

I completely forget that my phone went off earlier until it goes off again. I look at the screen, not knowing the number. I place my books on the table and unlock my phone.

Did you have a nice vacation with the chief? Ya know, it would upsetting if people found out that the chief is spending a lot of time with a high school girl. I’m sure by the pictures below everyone will know exactly who I’m talking about. Have a good day, sweetheart.

Below the text is pictures of me and Nick. One is us when we were at the beach with his arms around my waist. Then there’s one of us making out laying on a bed. How they got that, I have no clue.

I forward the message to Nick before paying attention to the teacher.

About ten minutes of boredom later, my phone vibrates with a message from Nick. Immediately, I open it.

Nick: Come to my house right now. Bring Mandi too. I’ve called the school already.

My face pales. This must be bad. I look over at Mandi and show her the message. We stand up and grab all of our stuff and run out of the class. We simply ignore the calls of the teacher threatening us with detention.

We jump in the car and take off, ending up at her house in nearly five minutes.

“What’s wrong?” I hear Mandi ask.

Nick lets out a frustrated sigh and runs his fingers through his hair. His eyes meet mine. I see nothing but worry in them. This is definitely bad. He’s never like this. Nothing ever stresses him out this bad. And that’s saying something considering he’s the chief of a town. It might be a small town but there are around 900 something people here.

He motions for me to come closer. I walk until I’m standing a few feet from him. He reaches out and pulls me by my waist and crushes me into his chest. He wraps his arms around me and places his head in the crook of my neck sending tingles throughout my body. I wrap my arms around his neck loving the feeling of having him in my arms.

“I’m gonna leave you two alone. Call me when you need me. I’ll be in the basement.” Mandi says and walks away.

“I’m sorry to pull you out of school baby but this is kind of important.”