Chapter 6

Nevaeh POV

I woke up in my bedroom surrounded by something warm. I wiggled and arms tightened around my waist. A chuckle came from behind me. I turned around in his arms and faced Aragorn, his eyes sleepy, his clothes mussed. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him and snuggled into his chest. He gave a satisfied rumble and kissed the top of my head. "Sorry to interupt you two lovebirds but we have Middle Earth to save." Aragorn looked around my shoulder. "Gimli, don't you know how to knock, my friend?" I turned around as well, and we both sat up. Gimli laughed and left. Aragorn looked down at me. "Well dear, I'll leave you so you can get ready." He quickly kissed me. Again it felt like lightning.

We were on the road again.

The Lady Galadriel gave us boats to go down the river in. There were three boats. Aragorn, myself, and Legolas were in one boat, Gimli, Frodo and Sam in the second, then Boromir, Merry and Pippin in the third. We stopped for the night on the shore of the river. We made camp at the edge of the forest by a pile of boulders. Aragorn and Sam started a fire while I went to speak with Legolas. "Legolas, something feels wrong about this place." He nodded. "I feel it too Nevaeh. Something is wrong." I looked over to where Frodo had been sitting. He was not there. "Wheres Frodo??" I exclaimed. Legolas looked about. Aragorn stood up. "Boromir is gone as well." Oh no. We had all seen the way Boromir looked at the Ring. This was bad. We all split up looking for Frodo and Boromir. As I was walking up a hill, calling for Boromir, he appeared out of nowhere. "Hello half-breed." He sneered. I shuddered. His eyes held a horrid gleam to them as he grabbed me. I reached for my sword but he punched me. My vision swam and I vaguely saw large black creatures swarming towards us. "Boromir!" I coughed. "Uruk-Hai!!!!" He turned. "Have fun." And with that he left me there, laying on the ground, dazed and confused. The Uruk-Hai approached me. One grabbed me by the throat and another yammed a dagger into my belly. I screamed, then everything went black.

Aragorn POV

Uruk-Hai were attacking us. That was when I heard it. Her scream. It was terrifying. I ran up the hill in the direction of where the scream had come from. I found Uruk-Hai attacking Boromir, with two arrows in his chest and belly. I fought the Uruk-Hai, but not before Boromir received another arrow the his chest. He fell then, and I fought harder. Eventually the Uruk-Hai were dead, at least most of them. Legolas came running up the hill, he had been attacked by a swarm down the hill. I knelt beside Boromir, who lay gasping. "They took the halflings!" He gasped. I sighed. "Where is Nevaeh?!" I cried. Boromir cringed and continued coughing. "Taken as well or killed, I know neither." He gasped. "Forgive me! Please! I tried to take the Ring from Frodo!.... I left her for them... I'm so sorry." And with that he died.

I was stunned. They had taken or killer Nevaeh?? I must find her. Scoured the hills, searching for any sign of her. All I found was a pool of blood on the ground. "Nevaeh." I whispered.

We made our way back to camp and I started packing things up. We vaguely saw Frodo and Sam dissapearing into the trees on the other bank of the river. Legolas grabbed a boat and started pushing it in. "We can still catch them!!" He looked at me, I was picking up Nevaehs bow and arrows. Legolas cocked his head. "...You mean not to follow them?" I nodded. "Frodos fate is out of our hands." Gimli sighed. "Then the Fellowship has failed!!" He exclaimed. I shook my head. "Nevaeh, Merry and Pippin need us. Let's go hunt some Orc."

Stay alive for me Nevaeh, I thought, Please stay alive.