Chapter 29: Prom

*time skip to March 21st.
McKenna POV

As Kie's sitting down so I can do her makeup, I can tell something's really bothering/upsetting Kiara.

"Hey Kie, are you okay?"

"Honestly, I really have no idea. It's just that I miss John B and Sarah. Even though Sarah and I hadn't been reconciled for long when she..." Kie mumbles, and I can tell she's trying not to cry, as am I. "They both should have been here. Sarah should be getting ready with us girls, and John B should be getting suited up with Pope and Jj."

I hold open my arms, and I just let Kie cry into my shoulder as I silently cry as well.

"I miss them too Kie, believe me. I miss my other best guy friend, and I miss my cousin."
***

"Hey, are you guys okay?" Jj asks when he and Pope get out of my truck to pick up Kiara and I. "You both look like you've been crying overs omething."

"It's nothing now, and if we start talking about it we will both cry all over again." I say, having to wipe away the tears in my eyes. "You look amazing Jj, that suit is really your color bubs."

"Thank you mon amour." Jj gives me a kiss for a bit longer than he normally does.
***

"And titles of the prom king and queen go to..." Principle Pickett pauses for a bit of dramatic affect. "Kiara Cerrara and Pope Heyward!!"

"We won?!" Kie and Pope both look really confused as they make their way to the makeshift stage to get crowned.

"Hell yeah, that is my two best friends right there!!" I yell, cheering loudly for my best friends.

I get a few disapproving looks from some of the chaperoned because of my langauge, but I don't care.

I am still super excited for my friends.