Chapter 3

McKenna POV

I'm walking in my house the next day at 12:30 pm on the dot like my Grandpa told me to when I hear two people talking.

"Grandpa, I'm home!" I take off my boots before heading into the kitchen to see someone I've missed very dearly.

"Dad?!" I drop my bag, running over and giving my dad a hug. "You're home, I can't believe you're actually home."

"I know kiddo, and I'm gonna stay home." Dad tells me, rubbing my back in soothing circles. "I promised you I would come back home for you, didn't I?"
***

As I'm helping Dad and Grandpa make dinner, I hear a knock on the front door.

"That must be the others, I'll go get it." I wipe my hands on a dish towel that was laying folded on the counter before heading to the foyer and opening the front door.

Sure enough, the other Pogues are standing outside of my front door, and I have to say that Jj with his hair combed back decently is a veryy nice sight to see.

"So not that I'm complaining or anything," Jj begins as I shut the door behind him and the others. "But why did you call us over here, and why did you sound all excited when you did it?"

"It might've been because of me." Dad says, walking into the living room. "Jj, it's good to see you again."

"It's good to see you again as well Mr. Rhodes." Jj says, shaking my dad's outstretched hand.

I bite my lip because Jj is seeming cuter and cuter to me by each passing minute.

I may or may not have feelings for two out of three of the Pogue boys now.
***

After everyone else has already gone to bed, it's just Jj and I sitting around the slowly dying fire in the backyard.

"So are you happy your dad's home?" Jj asks me as he skewers a marshmallow onto a roasting stick and I nod.

"Yeah, my anxiety is a lot less present now that I know my dad's okay." I say, and Jj nods. "Thanks for staying up with me."

"Anytime mon amour, anytime." Jj says, giving me a genuinely sweet smile.

I lean over, giving Jj a light kiss on the cheek before laying my head on his shoulder and just watching the fire.