Chapter 12

*3 days later.
McKenna POV

As I'm laying on my bed and staring up at the ceiling after getting ready for the day, I hear a knock on my bedroom door.

"Please just go away Dad, I wanna be left alone." I say, and my bedroom door opens anyway. "Dad, I said-"

I sit up abruptly to see Pope and Kiara standing in my doorway.

"Oh my god, what happened now?" I whine, getting up and grabbing some sunglasses.

"John B and Jj are conked out on the marsh, they need our help." Kie says, and I can tell she's not happy about having to go help the other two boys either.
***

"Can't you guys do anything without us girls?" Kiara snorts as her, Pope, and I walk into the covered part of the boat.

"What happened?" I ask, annoyed and just wanting go the hell home.

"Uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." Jj rubs the back of his neck, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"It's not charged. Did you check the plugs?" Kiara kneels down next to the battery/ motor and Jj shakes his head.

"No. No, you should check 'em. Yeah, yeah. Give it a whirl." Jj stammers, and I can tell he's hiding something.

"You guys are fucking useless sometimes." I snort, shaking my head once again.

"Sorry about that princess." John B retorts, and I roll my eyes before kneeling down beside Kie.

"Come on, come on, come on!" Jj says, and I turn around to see the boys getting off the boat and onto the H.M.S Pogue.

"Hey, what the fuck!?" I yell, running out of the cabin and Kiara follows me.

"I'm sorry babygirl, but it had to be done!" Jj yells back, and I flip him off.

"You guys are assholes!" Kie yells, and I nod in agreement.

"Sorry ladies!" Pope yells, and I give him a death glare.

"John B, hello? John B, Let me out!" I hear Sarah yell from below Kie and I, and I open the deck compartment door to see Sarah.

"What the hell?" I say as Sarah climbs out of the hole before the two of joinus  at the front of the boat.

"Are you guys seriously joking? Get your asses back here!" Kiara groans, and John B shakes his head.

"We can't. Not till you three figure shit out." John B yells, and my fists are shaking at this point.

"I will kill every single one of you pricks! Y-You can't just leave us here!" I stutter, actually starting to get kind of scared.

"There's food in the cabin, and JJ rolled a blunt for each of you guys!" John B yells, and I flip him off too.

"Fuck Jj!" I yell, and Jj actually looks offended, then Jj breaks into his infamous grin. "And fuck the stupid blunts! You know what John B? Fuck you, you two timin, back stabbing asshole!"

"You don't actually mean that about Jj though, do you?" Kie asks, and I shake my head.

"Of course not Kie, I love Jj, but I'm extremely pissed off at all of them right now." I say, and the other two girls nod in agreement.

As the boys are pulling up in John B's boat the next morning, I'm still feeling pretty high after all the weed I smoked last night.

Not to mention it was Jj's cousin's weed, so it's the really strong stuff, and I don't smoke near as often as I used to.

"Did you ladies forget your keys or something? You need a tow?" John B shouts as his boat nears ours, and I roll my eyes.

"Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked." Kiara whispers, and I nod.

"Absolutely not." Sarah says, and I give her a sly wink.

"You gotta admit it was funny." John B says, tying the H.M.S Pogue to the boat us girls are on.

"John B.." Kie just shakes her head, and I have to hold in a laugh.

"Uh, what's that?"

"Mastermind, huh?" Sarah says, and I have to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing.

"I'm always plannin'." John B says, and Kiara rolls her eyes.

"Some patriarchal bullshit." Kiara snorts, crossing her arms

"Yeah, that sucked." Sarah nods her head in agreement, as do I.

"You still love us though, right? Here mon amour, come here." Jj helps me onto the boat, then John B helps Kie and Sarah.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Hey, you still hate me?" John B asks, looking into Sarah's eyes, and I shake my head.

I want to be able to act like that with John B, but I can't and it absolutely sucks. Why did he have to choose Sarah and bring her into this?

"A little. We're both gonna get you back when you least expect it." Sarah says, and I give her a thumbs up.

"Watch your back, boys. Mm-hm." Kie says, and I nod.

"I welcome that challenge." Pope says, and I shake my head with a slight smile.

"Me too." Jj says, and I lightly hit his arm.

"So, did you guys, you know..." John trails off, and I look over at the other two girls.

"Reconcile our differences? Mm-mm, not even close." Sarah says, and I just kind of nod along.

"But we're... willing to work together I guess you could say."

"Mm, you know what? That's a victory boys." John B gives Pope and Jj a fist bump, and when the guys aren't looking us girls give each other a sly wink.

"Know why? Hydroponic." Jj winks at me, causing me to finally giggle, and it surprises Jj because I don't giggle or laugh in front of the others hardly ever.

The most anyone in the group as gotten out of me is a smile.

"Don't say that." Pope mumbles, shaking his head.

"Wait, how much did you guys let her smoke?" Jj asks before gesturing to me, and Kie's face drops.

"She smoked her blunt, then the second half of mine." Kie admits, and Jj widens his eyes. "She practically begged."

"Regardless Kie, you know how sensitive McKenna is to weed since she hasn't smoked in a while."

"Jj, I'm fine." I say, breaking into a bit more giggles. "It's weed, the high will wear off at some point and I'll be fine I swear."

"I'm never letting you smoke weed without me around ever again." Jj says, pulling me close.

"That's a deal."