The stage

Sam's P.O.V
I was waiting backstage. They wanted me to be able to see me in between performances, at least that's what they said. Camila took the microphone and brought it to her mouth. She took a deep breath trying to relieve herself from some of her built up tension. She sucked in a breath and planted a smile on her face.

She said in an excited tone bringing the audiences excitement up even more "tonight we're all going to do something different. I think some of you have seen a girl with us. Well, that girl she's our lyrics writer but she's also something else too. I want you to all try and convince her to come out now because we have a surprise for you guys and we can't do it until she comes out". Really Mila. Using the fans in your favor. The crowd was deafening. They screamed just to make noise and shouted encouraging words out.

Jesy came over behind me and leaned close to my ear. She said in what sounded like a whisper but what was probably shouting "so they announced their surprise". I nodded and she asked me "are you going to go out". I shook my head. They were probably going to prank me. Jesy begged "just go out, please". I shook my head again. She groaned and stated to push me onto the stage. I was already on the platform above the steps leading to the stage so there wasn't very far to get to the stage.

She pushed me past the curtain. I dug my heels into the ground but my shoes just slid across the stage. I finally just gave up and started to walk once we were a quarter of the way across the stage. Jesy kept her hands on my shoulders and guided me to Camila.

Camila swung her arm around my neck loosely while keeping her other hand on the microphone. She said her voice booming around the arena "this is my little sister Sam". The crowd went insane. People weren't even attempting to form words anymore, they were all just screaming as loud as there lung would let them.

My gaze flitted around until they met two men. They were dressed well, one in a suit and one in jeans and V-neck white tee shirt. They were Simon Cowell and LA Reid. I darted my stare away just as LA looked my way. No need to be creepy Sam, no need at all. Thankfully Camila started talking again saving me from having to look at the crowd awkwardly.

Camila said "tonight there's some important people listening to our new music written by my lovey sister. So tonight almost all the music you'll here is new and the special guests are seeing how the public reacts to the song. Now, are y'all ready". The crowd screamed. Lauren took over Speaking "alright I think your ready. The first song we're performing tonight is Spaces".

Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight?
Who's gonna be the first one to fall asleep at night?
Who's gonna be the last one to drive away?
Who's gonna be the last one to forget this place?

We keep taking turns
Will we ever learn?

Oh spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach you
Even though I try
Spaces between us
Hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless
And I don't know why

Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?

Who's gonna be the first one to compromise?
Who's gonna be the first one to set it all on fire?
Who's gonna be the last one to drive away?
Forgetting every single promise we ever made?

Oh spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach you
Even though I try
Spaces between us
Hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless
And I don't know why

Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?

We keep taking turns
Will we ever learn?
When will we learn?

Oh spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach you
Even though I try
Spaces between us
Hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless
And I don't know why