Dear Singapore

Dear Singapore,

I need to confess. I didn't come here for the parties, the glamour, the friends, the memories, the travels, the building of my character. I have to say all those are nice benefits but the true reason is I came here to fall in love with you. I came here because I wanted to call you home. I came here because I wanted to leave a part of myself here. You had your quirky ways of teaching me lessons one after another and another. I was just a Bulgarian girl who never thought she could get so much out of life let alone in one place. Oh my beautiful Singapore, you are one of the best things that has happened to me. From trips to Marina Bay night to reaching Bali at the age of 20. I have to be honest sometimes it was hard, hard enough that I lost my spark and my smile. I stopped believing in you and I am sorry. I have sinned for I felt out of love with you, but I fought for you. I stayed when I had every reason to leave and I don't regret it even for a second. I don't regret spending my Christmas with you, my birthday, my darkest moments, and my brightest. You opened up my eyes even wider for the possibilities that exist and for that I will always love you. I will love you because of the long walks in the park where I would sing and dance, I will love you for the endless opportunities to travel, I will love you for having the most amazing room and roommates, I will love you for that internship I got, I will love you for the friends I made, I will love you for the moment I got my first Singaporean kiss, I will love you for all the small ways you made me smile, I will love you for all the times I wanted to give up but you gave me a reason not to. Singapore, how can I leave you when you gave me all the glory, faith, and magic you have?

Very truly and forever yours,

Elly George