Cravings

It's 2 am and I get up. I have a craving but for what? I can't figure it out, yet I am getting up and walking out of my bedroom. It's an urge for something, something you don't dare admit to yourself, something you keep telling yourself you don't need, you don't want, and yet, here you are, awake, craving. Some are out there too, craving, maybe the sweets that they kept punishing themselves for, others are standing with shivering hands in front of the shell where alcohol used to pose in all its glory, others like me are itching to write that text message to the one they are missing deeply. All of these cravings are curses, real-life curses. You are marked because you have to live with them, some of them are curable addictions, others not. The bigger problem however is that they tend to play with your mind, confuse you, abuse you, manipulate you in your weakest moments. It's like a little voice that whispers loud and clear in your head. "Just take that bottle, it's just alcohol, one glass, nothing more!" "Come on you won't get diabetes if you eat just this slice of cake!" "Come on, I know he was mean but you need him now. Just give him a call, one call is all you need to get better!"