2. Waving through the window

A/N: lol Dear Evan Hansen

Lance quickly paid before running out of the coffee shop. He went inside and ran to the kitchen. He very very quickly said
"I'm so sorry mama, I was talking to the neighbours and I forgot hot look at the time and I'm so sorry it'll never happen again and I'm sorry-" he got cut of but his mother
"It's ok mijo, at least did you make a friend? I heard they had a son"
"Uh yeah I think," he started "his name is Keith"
"Well is he nice?"
"Yeah! We talked a bit"
"Really? And how are the other two?"
"Oh Shiro and Adam?"
"Well I don't know, you tell me I have no idea what their names are"
"Of course," I'm so stupid! She doesn't know them! Im an idiot
"Adam is really friendly, he's the one to greet me first. Shiro, his husband is super welcoming and looks overall like a nice guy. His brother, Keith lives with them. They said he was kind of their son"
He finished. God I talk too much.
"Well they sound like a lovely family. I will go visit them tomorrow and give them flowers"
"Aw mom, you're so nice" Veronica said
"Right?" He said hugging his mom. His sister joined in as Marco yelled "GROUP HUG"
For His father to hear and join in. He didn't, of course.
"Ok ok now, supper is ready, go wash your hands and sit"
Everyone did as she said. They sat down to plates of Ropa vieja. Lance's favourite food
"Thank you mom, this looks delicious" Marco said.

~Lance's POV~
After eating, I ran up the stairs and went to my room, I grabbed my laptop and went on my bed.
I sat against the wall and read an article about savannah animals like hyenas, lions and cheetahs.

I looked up from my screen and thought about looking through the window.

I could see the guy from the café, Keith. I think he was reading or something. He looked really focused on what he was doing. I looked away for a second.
Did I really see what I just saw?
I looked back.

Yep, that's a trans flag. So he's trans?

I was surprised. Never could've noticed. I opened my window. I threw a few pencils I didn't need anymore to get his attention.
He looked at me confused and I mimed him to open the window.
He did.
"What do you want?" He looked confused.
"What are you doing?" I said with a bright smile
"Uh I'm just reading"
"What are you reading?"
"An article?"
"Ohmygosh Keith! What about?" I said annoyed but with a grin
"Savannah?" He still looked really confused.
"Really? Me too!!"
"Oh cool," he started
"Why are you even talking to me?"
"Can't I talk to my neighbour?" I still was smiling. He then closed his window. I frowned and went back to my laptop.

After a few minutes, I decided to take a peek into his room again. He looked like he was arguing with this Adam guy.

Oh shit, he saw me

~Keith's POV~
I was tired so I just closed my window and continued reading. About 2 minutes later, Adam came into my room.
"Sooo, what do you think of Lance. He seems nice"
"He's annoying" I said not showing interest to him
"Well have you had a real conversation?"
"Yeah, he threw pencils at my window so he could have my attention. Like I said, annoying"
"What? Did he throw pencils from downstairs?"
"No, that's his room" I pointed to his window
"Ohhhh makes more sense," he started
"I think you should give him a chance, make more friends!" He said
"I don't want more friends. And frankly, I'm good with Pidge. She's great! We just hang out and have fun. That's all I need"
He sighed and looked at me "Look, I know you don't want a lot of friends, but I think Lance might be good for you"
I looked back at my window and Lance was watching! For how much time has he been staring? Could he hear? Shit.

I opened my window and told him to fuck off. He looked away looking all sad and stuff.
Adam looked at me disappointed and left leaving a sigh behind him.
"Adam," I started. He looked at me still disappointed "Pidge is coming over at like 8 for a sleepover. Is that ok?"
"Yeah, just don't make too much noise" he left.

I went on my bed and put my face in my pillow.
I love Pidge, she's the best. She just gets me.

I decided to text he to tell her she could come over.

30 minutes later, I heard Pidge's signature knock. 'P' in Morse code. Short long long short.
"Come in Pidge" I said
She came in with a wide smile on he lips
"Hey Keith! I'm so exited for tonight. I can't wait to watch Jurassic World with you!"
"Hey" I simply said
"What's wrong?"
"This guy just moved next door and he is so annoying! They bought a flower shop"
"Ooh that sounds nice. We should go tomorrow, I could even bring my friend shay and her boyfriend. She loves flowers"
"Sure. His mom seems nice though, I saw her outside prepping he shop"
"Nice. Now let's watch a movie!" We both chuckled.

At 9:28, Shiro came in and handed us a bag of chips. We thanked him and continued with our sleepover.

After the movie, Pidge absolutely wanted me to watch this small documentary about NASA, I couldn't say no, it was Pidge!

The documentary was actually interesting but we were interrupted by the neighbours lights opening. We took a look to see what he was doing.
"He's so annoying" I said
"What did he do?"
"Ugh he threw pencils at my window to talk to me"
"Yeah so annoying" she mocked me
"Hm let's go to sleep"

We slept in the same bed since we were both gay as shit and we both just don't care.

In the morning- more like noon, we got dressed and went downstairs to eat breakfast.
Shiro had made waffles for today's special. Delicious.

We called Shay and waited for her. When she got here, we got to meet her boyfriend they were so cute!
The guy's name was Hunk. He looked like a nice guy. When he got here, he immediately noticed the flower shop was his best friend's mom's.
"Hey, my friends mom owns this store" he said right outside the door.
"Oh Lance?"
"Yeah you know him?"
"We met"
"He's nice isn't he?" Shay added
"I guess?" I didn't wanna hurt their feelings by saying their friend wasn't nice.

——————————
Ok thats that. Imma go write the next chapter see ya
Kaii🌸