𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ϟ

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You should know, I'm not doing this because I have to-- I want to," She told Derek and I stared at her completely dumbstruck that she was still trying to play that card. "I could still run, and you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. But I don't want your sister to die. I'm only doing what I had to do,"

"Shut up," He seethed as he focused on the road. Rain poured down on the windows and I could see that the storm was getting worse.

"You need to hear the whole story, Derek. You need to know just how connected we are," At this, I scoffed, loudly if you may.

"Stop. Talking." He spat angrily and she looked away from him as his jaw clenched.

The rest of the ride was quiet until my phone buzzed. Scott. 'Make sure to watch her so that she doesn't try anything. She might have another plan,' I looked away from the message and up to the brunette in front of me.

'Trust me, she's not going to try anything, not now,' I texted back before I slipped my phone away.

The rain beat harder on the windows as we parked outside of the hospital. Derek grabbed Jennifer by the arm as rain poured down on all of us. I moved towards Scott and Stiles, giving him a questioning look. "What? You two got claws, I got a bat," He said as he motioned to the wooden bat in his hand.

I pushed my now-damp hair out of my face as we walked through the main doors. Derek held Jennifer by the bicep as he walked through the front entrance briskly. Melissa called Scott back for a second, which caused all of us to stop. "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating..." She told him and he pointed behind him.

"We're here for Cora," He told her and she frowned.

"What, all of you?" She asked as she looked at us and I gave her a small smile, "...Why does Stiles have my bat?" She asked and Scott quickly changed the subject.

"Mom, just trust me on this-- you need to get out of here, right now," He told her and she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"The building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes," She explained, "We've got two ambulances that are coming back-- one's ten minutes out, the other's twenty. Cora needs to be on one of those," Derek pulled Jennifer away and Stiles and I followed her, "They'll be picking up in the basement garage," Was the last thing Melissa said before we left.

The elevator doors shut and I leaned against the wall, watching Jennifer while Derek still held on to her. "You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help," She said but obviously, he didn't believe her. Scott stood behind her with his claws out while Stiles stood a foot away from him, clutching the bat in his hands.

"I feel like this is the best time to say 'I told you so,'" I told the group and Derek rose an eyebrow at me. "Just saying..." I put my arms up in defense as the elevator dinged.

We exited on the second floor as the lights flickered above us. As we walked down the hallway, Derek stopped and stared into an empty room. On the floor was a pile of black liquid as well as another alarming substance... just like what happened to Danny.

"Derek," I pointed out as I stared at the black drops that led towards two big doors. Grunts erupted through the door as they flew open while Peter slid towards us on his back.

Looking up at us he muttered, "We got a problem. A big problem," I looked through the now open doors to see the Voltron Alpha roaring at us. Derek fully transformed as the two werewolves ran at each other.

Scott ran to help as I turned to Stiles. "Help him up and don't let her out of your sight," I told them as I transformed and went in for backup. I ducked under their swipe and slashed their thigh. They threw an elbow at me and knocked me to the ground.