𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ♕

I sat on Stiles' bed with Cora next to me while Stiles paced back and forth. Sheriff Stilinski stood next to Stiles' desk, both confused and annoyed about why he was there. I crossed my legs over each other as Stiles tried to figure out what to say. "Okay, okay, okay, okay... Yes! Okay... Nooo, oh..." He muttered as he walked back and forth.

"Stiles?" His dad asked impatiently.

"Dad, I'm sorry, okay?" He apologized, "I'm just... I'm trying to... I'm just trying to figure out how to start, here..."

"Hey, I don't have this kind of time," He started and I stood up.

"Um... For the last year, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean, all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people that drowned him, and all these murders right now!" I explained and Stiles nodded while his dad looked at me skeptically.

"It's like--It's like you've been playing a losing game," Stiles added and I groaned. I get that's not what he meant, but that was a terrible way of wording it.

His dad sighed, "Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son--"

"I know, okay? See, but that's..." He led off anxiously, "That's just it, Dad. The-the reason that you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board!" He moved towards his dresser and pulled out a folded chess set. He set it on the table and pulled out all the pieces. "I need to show you the whole board,"

I moved towards the door as Stiles raised an eyebrow at me. "What? I need to grab something," He shrugged before grabbing a pen and a pile of unused sticky notes. I walked into my room in need of a warmer top as my phone rang. I swiped on the call and placed it against my shoulder as I searched through my closet.

"Syd? Someone else was taken," Scott told me as I grabbed a black long sleeve shirt.

"Who was it?" I asked him as I put my phone on speaker and tossed it onto my bed. I took off the white tank top I was wearing and pulled the shirt over my nude bra.

"Mr. Westover," He said, "Lydia found the classroom empty with a giant ven diagram written on the board,"

"What does a ven diagram have to do with anything?" I pulled my hair out of the shirt and moved towards the mirror. I brushed down the plaid skirt and adjusted the top.

"I'm not sure... but she wrote the number two, inside. I think it means that he's going to be the second sacrifice," He answered and I frowned.

"The number two? Maybe it means that he's going to be the second sacrifice... but what's the pattern?" I grabbed my phone off of the bed and moved it up to my ear.

"I have no clue... but I'm going to figure it out," He told me confidently before he hung up the phone. Satisfied with his answer, I made my way back into Stiles' room.

"...Why was Jackson the Kanima?" Sheriff Stilinski asked as he sat down at the desk across from Stiles.

"'Cause sometimes, the shape that you take reflects the person that you are," I answered as I moved towards the bed and beside Cora.

Turning towards Stiles, he sighed, "And what shape would an increasingly confused and angrier-by-the-second father take?"

Stiles stammered, "...Uh, that would be more of an expression like the one you're currently wearing..."

"Yeah," He replied unamused as he leaned back in his chair.

"Wait-- just wait-- I can prove it, okay? Look, they're one of them. Werewolves!" He exclaimed as he motioned to Cora and me. "You ready?" He asked as his father moved away from the desk.