Ṣuḥbah [Companionship] (2)

It's important that we are mindful of who we look up to. We need to look up to those who have Fikr (worry) of Ākhirah (after life), the Dīn (religion).

When we see people who cry in Duʿāʾ (supplication), who enjoy ʿIbādah (worship); we want to be able to do the same, so we begin to work on ourselves, our hearts. It prevents us from being affected by the Dunyā and those after it. Moreover, we won't feel strange or lonely because our hearts will be comforted knowing there are others like us.

On the other hand, when we surround ourselves with Dunyā, those who only talk about the Dunyā, their purpose in life is to acquire as much Dunyā, then may Allāh protect us all, we begin to want the same.

Taking this in the context of social media, people we follow will have an impact on our Imān, maybe not immediately but after some time. If we follow beneficial pages our feed will only have what's beneficial and reminding us of Allāh. However if we follow pages and people who remind us of Allāh, slowly but gradually we will see ourselves wanting the same, doing the same.

When we see people we follow on social media or we are surrounded by those who are enjoying ʿIbādah, spending their free time in things that are productive and enjoying it; as humans, it's natural to think 'if this person does such and such, why don't I also do it?!' This helps us begin working on ourselves so that we may also reach that state.

Similarly, when a person is chasing after the Dunyā and doesn't give importance to the Dīn, being in their company, following such pages causes us to forget the importance of Ākhirah, the Dīn. Our minds begin to think it's okay to be chasing after the Dunyā, there is nothing wrong with making Dunyā the purpose of our life just because that's all we are surrounded with.

The scariest part in all this is that it's easy to make Dunyā our goal due to what we see around us in today's time. Unfortunately, sometimes it happens unconsciously without us realizing. Hence, surrounding ourselves with good company, with beneficial content,  Dīnī environment is important so we are constantly reminded of our purpose and goal.

_______________

- Via Instagram | beardedfella___