Chapter 8 - She's Alive

"You remember."

"I do... you never died."

"It's a horrible thing. Immortality. I've spent it watching over our reincarnations."

"I noticed."

"You know, over all of these millennia, you have been the only one to ever remember the first one. Our first adventures together?"

"I know."

"Don't do that. You aren't like that, you have reason to be happy. Your other side isn't in you, you can be happy. Like you should be."

"I need that other side. I need to help them, my brothers, my friends."

"You will. Do you remember where they are?"

"We were the last ones. I was the only one who lived long enough to help you hide them besides Emmalyn. Then Hala protected them until now."

"Yes... I can open the door. All of the guards are at the Cannon."

"What for?"

"Aaron, Michael is trying to turn him. I have to go." She turned back to him. "You can do it. I believe in you."

"Thank you... Irene."

"Don't call me that. It's Aphmau to my friends." She disappeared.

Dante and Kawaii-Chan watched as Laurance, Zane, Lucinda, and Kim all pushed their power into reviving Aphmau.

"Come on, please. Breathe!" Lucinda begged.

"Lucinda, she's been gone for more than—"

"Shut up! I'm trying to focus!" Lucinda snapped.

"Don't focus your energy on Lucinda, focus on Aphmau." Laurance advised.

Since they got there, Dante and Laurance had explained everything. Zane was especially worried about Vylad when Dante told them about his escape. He did calm down a little when Laurance assured that he was alive.

"Please. Please breathe." Lucinda said.

Aphmau gasped. She breathed heavily, eyes wide.

"Aphmau!" Zane cried.

"W-What's happening?" She coughed.

"It worked! It actually worked!" Lucinda said, tears about to fall. "No, no, no stop! Don't go to her." Zane stopped. "We need to finish healing her until she's able to sit up."

"Aphmau, stay still. We're trying to finish repairing the wound." Laurance told her.

"L-Laurance?"

"We'll explain later." Dante said.

She nodded shakily.

It took a little while, but slowly they finished.

"What happened?" Aphmau asked hoarsely.

"I used a healing spell to repair a part of the hole in your chest. I wasn't sure if I would revive you but I thought..." Lucinda sighed.

Aphmau sat up, her face contorted with pain.

"Take it easy!" Zane said.

"Please, my healing isn't perfect. At most it's just a bandaid helping your heart to function enough to get by." Lucinda said.

"Lucinda... thank you." Aphmau said.

"It wasn't just me. Laurance, Zane, and Kim gave their strength to aide you as well."