32. Thank You

Figured I wouldn't make you all wait too long. Enjoy!

Crystal's POV

My eyes suddenly flew open and I felt like I was drowning all over again. Choking on seawater. I was shoved to my side by a pair of strong hands and ended up coughing up the water that had previously been in my throat and lungs. My chest was burning, I was gasping in gulps of air, and my throat felt like I had swallowed shards of glass.

I continued to cough, rubbing at my throat with one hand as was I suddenly-and roughly-pulled into a sitting position, my back against something strong and solid.

The first thing I noticed was that I was no longer on the yacht-or any yacht for that matter-rather, I was on the deck of a good-sized motorboat. Big enough for about eight to ten people. Though, most of them would have to be sitting.

My back was pressed up against the side of the boat. It rocked back and forth with the waves. The sun was shining high, and for some reason, everything seemed so much brighter than usual. Though, the sun was suddenly obstructed by a figure crouched in front of me.

I blinked my eyes a few times and tried to focus but everything just seemed fuzzy. Finally, however, I was able to focus on Jackson as he crouched in front of me on his knees, looking me over seriously.

I opened my mouth to say something-though what I wasn't even sure-and Jackson held up a hand to silence me.

He slumped back against the opposite side of the boat and put his elbows on his knees, head in his hands. "I need a minute," He said.

I was speechless . . . and then I wasn't. "You need a minute!?"

He didn't acknowledge me. Instead, it was Damien who moved in front of me and grabbed hold of my wrist.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Checking your pulse," He muttered. "Jackson had to give you CPR. Don't get up."

I just nodded weakly. I didn't think I could get up at the moment even if I had wanted to.

Noah! My brain screamed at me.

"Noah," I said as I tried to push to my feet. "He was on the yacht with me. He's still there-"

"It's being taken care of," Damien said. "I was told he was locked in the room with the scuba equipment. He'll be fine. He's getting pulled out of the yacht right now."

I frowned as I looked between Damien and Jackson, both of who were wet, yet not soaked as they should have been if they'd dived in to save me and Noah. Julie was standing next to the controls of the boat, looking at me in concern and then back out at where I'm assuming the yacht was submerged.

"Who-" I started to ask, but ended up not needing to, as Noah was suddenly launched out of the water like a missile and thrown onto the boat.

He screamed as he flew through the air and then landed flat on his face on the boat, groaning as he rolled over and clutched at his chest.

Marrek suddenly appeared at the end of the boat and pulled himself up and out of the water effortlessly. His t-shirt and shorts clinging to him as water dripped down his skin.

He looked down at me. "You good?" He asked me.

"I just drowned," I replied flatly.

"Is that a no?"

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

He nodded his head in Julie's direction.

I looked over at her and she just shrugged. "I told you I had a getaway plan."