30. SOS

Crystal's POV

I moved toward Noah and grabbed his arm, moving him further into the room and away from the open doorway. "Stay there and stay quiet," I said as I pushed him toward a corner. I walked over to the door as quietly as possible and then gently and slowly began to close it, keeping my ear pressed against it the whole time, trying to hear anything of what was being said.

"What do you hear?" Noah asked.

"Shh," I hissed at him as I kept the door open only a couple of inches, still trying to hear anything.

"How far out are we supposed to be going?" I heard a man's voice question.

"Not sure," Another voice responded. "Far enough out that the waters will be deep enough. Now help me move the crates."

I peaked out from the doorway, watching as two men moved in view of the hallway for a moment as they passed by. I ducked back completely out of sight as they passed.

Noah moved to kneel down next to me. "What are we going to do?"

I looked around the room, there was nowhere to go. It was just an extra bedroom and we were too far down on the yacht. We needed to be up higher. There were two windows in this room and both were roughly the size of a dinner plate. We weren't getting out that way.

"You really don't have a clue where Jackson could have stashed my gun?" I questioned Noah.

He shook his head, looking more and more worried by the second. "No," He whispered. "Though I really wish I questioned it now."

I looked around the room for anything that could be used as a weapon, but this room was practically empty with the exception of what was in the cabinets and drawers. And nothing in there could be used as a weapon.

"Does Jackson have any guns of his anywhere?" I asked Noah.

"He doesn't have any guns at all."

"Why the hell not?"

"He doesn't like them."

I felt like throwing my hands up in the air in frustration. "How has he lived his long?"

Noah just shrugged.

A light bulb suddenly went off in my head and Noah seemed to notice.

"What?" He asked me.

"The sat phone," I muttered.

"What?" Noah repeated.

"The satellite phone Marrek gave me, it's still on the yacht. It's in the master bedroom."

"How is that going to help us?"

"Calling for help is our best option," I said as I moved to the door and once again began to open it. I turned back to Noah. "Unless you have a better idea."

Noah let out a sigh and shook his head.

I pulled open the door and looked out into the hallway. "Then come on," I told him. "and stay close."

We moved quickly down the hallway to the door at the end of it and then slipped inside unnoticed. I quickly ran to the nightstand and pulled open the drawer, removing the sat phone. I powered it on and then immediately dialed Damien's number.

I waited as it rang and then cursed him out when it went to voicemail. "Are you kidding me?" I hissed into the phone. "Since when do you not have your phone on you? Damien, we need help. Now. We're on the yacht, it's being hijacked, and . . ." I trailed off as I noticed something through one of the small windows. "and . . . apparently we're about to go down with the yacht," I said. "Lovely."