Chapter 8

"Meeting the Friends"

            School was usually boring. I usually had to force myself to keep my eyes open. That changes when you have an invisible person messing with the people around you. Not I had to force myself to stop laughing. Luke had been messing with people all day. He would make peoples pencils float and move their stuff. He even tapped a boy a couple of times.

            One time he even took the marker from the teacher. The look on Mrs. Thompsons face was priceless. He was having the time of his life and I couldn’t complain because I was actually having fun. It was kind of surprising.

            “He’s stupid,” I heard in my ear. I jumped and turned to look at Jason.

            “He’s funny,” I said with a shrug.

            “I can’t deny that,” he said as he sat in the seat beside me.

            “I didn’t know that you’re in this class,” I said as I looked over at him.

            “I’m not,” he said.

            “Then how did you get in,” I asked.

            “I snuck in when Luke stole your teacher’s marker,” he said with a shrug.

            “You’re gonna get in trouble,” I told him.

            “It’s worth it,” he said as he smiled at me.

            “Is it,” I asked as I looked up at the clock. We only had a few more minutes so I started packing up my things.

            “Where are you eating lunch,” he asked me.

            “The same place as usual,” I said as I zipped up my bag.

            “Why don’t you come eat with me,” he said.

            “And your friends,” I asked.

            “Yeah,” he said with a nod.

            “No thanks,” I said.

            “Why not,” he asked with a frown.

            “I’m sure they don’t want to be bothered with me,” I said as the bell rang.

            “They don’t care. They want to meet you,” he said as he followed me into the hall.

            “No,” I said as I walked over to my locker.

            “Come on. It’ll be fun,” he said with a charming smile.

            “No,” I said again as I traded my books out.

            “Please,” he said as he grabbed my hand.

            “Don’t do that,” I said as I pulled my hand away.