Chapter 2

"A HUGE Surprise"

            I felt the sun beating down on my face and flipped over. I just needed a few more minutes of rest. I couldn’t seem to get back to sleep though. After a few more minutes I gave up and sat up in the bed.

            I slowly climbed out of the bed and I was rubbing my eyes as I shuffled towards the door. Then I tripped over something and landed on my face. As I grumbled to myself I sat up to see what I tripped over. Then I screamed. Loudly.

            The boy jumped up and looked around like he didn’t know where he was. He was big. That’s all I focused on. He was big and strong and in my bedroom.

            “Who are you,” I yelled as I jumped to my feet.

            “Luke Martin,” he said with wide green eyes.

            “How in the hell did you get in here,” I asked.

            “I wish I knew. I fell asleep in my bed last night,” he said with a frown.

            “That doesn’t make any sense,” I said as I backed up. Then I looked him over.

            He was 6’2 and built like a line-backer. He had shaggy brown hair and shiny green eyes. Then I noticed his clothes. They were blue plaid pajamas. Like he had been pulled from his bed. Then it hit me. This was Luke! The Luke! From the movie!

            “Clary,” I heard through the door.

            “Come in,” I said without thinking.

            “Are you ok? I heard screaming,” John said as he scanned the room. He skipped right over Luke like he couldn’t see him.

            “You don’t see him,” I asked.

            “See who,” he asked looking around again.

            I looked back over at Luke and he just shrugged at me. When I turned back to John and saw him looking at me expectantly.

            “It was….a spider,” I said.

            “Oh. Well kill it,” John said with a smirk.

            “I’m going to. It just surprised me,” I said.

            “Ok. Well get dressed,” he said as he walked back out.

            “He couldn’t see me,” Luke pointed out.

            “No crap captain obvious,” I said.

            “Who are you,” he asked with a smile.

            “Clary Davis.”

            “Do you know me,” he asked.

            “Yes. This is gonna sound weird though,” I said.