Wings Of A Devil

Word Count: 1345

Pairings: Platonic Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, fluff, mentions of blood

A/N: Request from daddapurrfectkitten

Summary: He'd know you for years, centuries really, you weren't quiet a human, but you weren't an quiet angel either, at least not like other angels. After the ordeal with Cain, he needs the distraction, and figuring out what you are seems perfect. If only he wasn't using you as an excuse to forget about his own troubles.

.....................................................................

The sound of gunshots echoed around them, nearly drowning out all other noise. Bullets flew across the room and Lucifer flinched with every one that sunk into now bloodstained wings. He cradled Chloe close to him, wings spread around them in a futile attempt to protect her from the hailstorm of bullets.

The fainest sound of glass shattering could be heard over the gunshots, and he absentmindedly noted the shards of glass hitting his back. However, the gunfire began to quiet, replaced instead by the sound of men shouting in pain, and various items breaking across the room, he lifted his head.

"What..."

Cain hit the wall with a deafening thud, and Lucifer slowly uncurled his injured wings. Just in time to see you bring your foot down on the cursed human's head, effectively knocking him out. Although you added a few extra kicks out of spite.

"Y/N?"

You turned to the devil, your angered expression morphing into concern.

"Oh Luci..."

You stepped around the mess of bullet shells and feathers, reaching a hand out towards him.

"I'll be fine, take the Detective somewhere far from here." He said, rolling his shoulders a little.

"But Lucifer your-"

"Please Y/N."

You pressed your lips together but did as he asked, taking her from the building, to a nearby roof, far enough away for her not to affect Lucifer but close enough for you to help him if he needed it. Although you knew he wouldn't. You sat down beside the unconscious woman, staring at her for a few moments.

"He'd go to war for you." You smiled a bit.

~

"Chloe! Detective wait! You shouldn't go in there Lucifer is-"

You tried to explain the situation to Chloe when she'd woke but she was determined to find Lucifer. Your words fell on deaf ears as you rushed after her. You would have applauded her for how easily she'd tracked him down, if only she hadn't walked in on him standing over Cain's lifeless body. Devil face on full display for her to see.

His expression had nearly broken your heart when she left. The fear in her eyes, the rejection, it was as if someone had taken his heart and shattered it like glass.

"Lucifer, just wait, maybe it's not as bad as you think..."

You tried to comfort him as he left in a hurry, but he was having none of it.

"Not now Y/N! I just... I need a drink..."

So you helped him home, letting him lean on you as the pain of his injuries finally caught up with him. You got him home, you sat him down and you silently groomed his wings. Plucking the ruined feathers and carefully cleaning the blood, from the once white wings.