Falling Short

Word Count: 666

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: really there are none, this is just a cute fluffy thing, no angst, yes I'm capable of that thank you very much

A/N: Requested from Ray_Abercrombie, with the simple phrase of 'Hey you're short right? Do something with that.' Lol love you too Ray and may I remind you that you're only two inches taller than me😂

Also Lucifer's actual height is 6'4, so he's very tall

Summary: There wasn't anything wrong with your height, most of the time you hardly noticed, except when visiting your doting boyfriend, who lived in a penthouse, that been customly designed for him.

......................................................................

You were content with your height, I mean there wasn't anything you could really do about it anyhow. It wasn't normally a pressing issue, until this particular moment, when even on your tippy-toes, you could just barely graze the shelf above you. The only time your height became an issue was when you were visiting your oh so loving, and substantially taller boyfriend.

Lucifer had asked you to grab him a particular type of drink from his in home bar while he got the take-out from the delivery man downstairs. The two of you had chosen to stay in for date night, take out and marathon of your favorite movies. Contrary to popular belief Lucifer was capable of having a simple evening, without all the grandeur.

Now if only you could reach the damn bottle.

There was a soft chuckle behind you and a hand snatched the bottle that your fingertips were barely grazing. You turned around to tell him you didn't need any help and found yourself looking at his chest. You frowned, unable to stop the huff that left you as you had to crane your neck up to look him in the eye. It was really only an issue when he stood so close to you.

"I apologize darling, I'd forgotten how high up the bottle was." Lucifer smirked.

He'd always found your height impairment rather adorable, often times teasing you relentlessly. This seemed to be one of those times.

"I could have gotten it myself." You couldn't help but pout a bit crossing your arms.

Lucifer always tended to make you feel smaller than you really were, and moments like this often left you a bit flustered. Especially when he leaned down to be eye level with you, like he was now.

"You barely even grazed the shelf love."

You stammered at his sudden close proximity and shoved him away as you headed towards the couch.

"You did that on purpose!"

He laughed joyfully behind you, following you to the couch with a pep in his step.

"I will admit I find it adorable when you're trying to reach something that has more height than you."

You crossed your arms leaning back against the couch, staring at the TV in a defiant attempt to avoid looking him in the eye. He sat down beside you, trying to grab your attention.

"Oh come now, don't pout my love, I'm only teasing."

You still firmly refused to look at him, biting the inside of your cheek to keep from smiling. A sigh was all you got before he grabbed your waist and lifted you like you weighed nothing, of course to him, you probably didn't. He sat you on his lap, and smiled as you now sat eye level with him.

"Lucifer-"

You went to slide off him, but he grabbed your hips.

"Oh are we on speaking terms again?" He joked.

You failed to fight back your smile this time.

"You're insufferable. Just play the movie."

He chuckled, relenting his hold on you, allowing you to move from your position of straddling him. Although when you did lay your head on his lap once you were comfortable. His hand instinctively went to play with your hair, and you relaxed at the calming nature of it.

"I'd say I love every inch of you, but I'm afraid that's not very much."

The moment ruined you sat up, throwing him an unamused glare. He laughed at your expense, wrapping an arm around your waist and pulling you to his side when you tried to get up.

"I'm sorry darling, I couldn't resist one more, but I do love you, very much."

You glare wavered, but you didn't try to pull away from his hold, a mock frown upon your face.

"I'm still mad, but I love you too, you tree."

He smirked at that, grip tightening around you at his next words.

"I certainly wouldn't complain if you wanted to climb me like one."

"Lucifer!"