Wasting The Day Away

Word Count: 845

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, comfort, fluff, possible trigger

A/N: Request from Adira_Secrets

Summary: It was just one of those days, the kind of day that made you feel like you wading through water, like nothing you did mattered, your motivation gone entirely. While he might not be able to stop those doys from happening, he could offer his support, and keep you distracted until you felt more like yourself.

...................................................................

You laid on the couch staring at your ceiling fan spinning. Your wet hair soaked your shirt, but you hadn't the energy to care. A heavy sigh left your lips, you'd stood in the shower for nearly an hour, hoping the hot water would help you feel more refreshed. Yet, you still felt as though life was passing you by. You hardly even had the energy to move.

The knock at your door almost got you to sit up, but you decided you didn't really want visitors, not today. Your curtains were drawn, and your cousin had borrowed your car. You hoped that was enough to make them think no one was home. When the knocking ceased you assumed whoever it was left.

Until the doorknob wiggled a little, you lifted your head to stare at it in confusion. 

When you heard the lock click however, you let your head drop back onto the couch cushions. You shook your head a little, only one person had the key to your house.

"Y/N!" Lucifer chirped cheerfully as he strolled in.

"Get out."

The only reason he had a key was because he'd made himself a copy. While you loved the mischievous devil dearly, you wished he would leave you be, just for the day.

"I haven't said but one word!" 

Lucifer muttered as he took his jacket off, you watched him lazily as he walked around your living room opening your curtains. You glanced out the windows, it was a beautiful day out. That only served to make you feel worse, you should be out, doing things, living your life. Yet here you were laying inside wasting the day away.

"Have you eaten?" He questioned securing the curtains in place.

"Yes." 

He nodded satisfied with your answer, and you turned your head to look at him.

"What are you doing here?" You mumbled.

"We had a lunch date, I assume you've forgotten about it during your moping." 

Your eyes widened a little and you sat up, a shameful expression on your face. You had days like this often, but you'd never blown him off before.

"Lucifer I'm so sorry- I forgot and... I'm sorry..." 

He smiled, sitting down beside you.

"It's alright darling, you're just having a bad day is all."

His understanding only made you feel worse and you turned your gaze away from him. He frowned at you beating yourself up over something he wasn't even upset about.

"Perhaps you could make it up to me." He grinned, hoping that would distract you.

He practically jumped to his feet and you raised an eyebrow, watching him disappear into your bedroom. You heard him rummaging around before he walked back out, carrying the fluffiest blanket you owned.

"Now what are you doing?" 

He tossed the blanket over your head, turning to walk into the kitchen. 

"We, my love, are going to have a movie marathon!"

You pulled the blanket from your head, watching as he tossed a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

"Movie marathon?" 

He turned to you nodding happily as he waited for the popcorn to start popping.

"Yes, I heard the Detective talking about doing it with her spawn, and I thought it sounded rather interesting, and who better to do it with then my beautiful lover?" 

You smiled at that fixing the blanket.

"Well it's not what I thought you were going to ask for but this works too."

He dumped the popcorn into a bowl, sitting beside you on the couch, throwing the blanket over his laugh.

"Well there's plenty of time for that later." He winked.

You opened your mouth to reply, but he wrapped an arm around you, pulling you to his side.

"If you're going to insist on spending the day alone, cooped up inside then, I'll simply be alone with you." 

You were going to argue with that, explain to him exactly what the word alone meant, but then he gave you that smile. The smile that promised you he'd make sure everything was okay, even if you didn't think it would be. So, you smiled back, nestling closer to him.

"Sounds like a good plan to me." 

Lucifer kissed the top of your head, holding you tightly for a moment.

"I know it feels like you're stuck sometimes darling, like you're not going anywhere, blindly muddling through fog, but I love you very much, and your life will always hold meaning to me."

You wrapped your arms around him, clinging to him.

"I love you."

He smiled, tucking your hair behind your ear.

"We'll see how you're doing tomorrow, but for today I don't mind hiding away from the world with you here."

He held a piece of popcorn to your lips and you laughed, but graciously accepted the salty treat as he grabbed the remote, to start the first movie of the evening.

Despite the feeling of gloom still hanging over you, and the motivation gone from your body, you still managed to smile. Because you knew he'd always be there, and he'd always remind you just how much you really meant to him.