Silently

Word Count: 595

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x mute reader

Warnings: none

A/N: Feel free to drop me a request, and enjoy the story! Bolded words are you signing.

Summary: You hadn’t planned on your night going down hill so fast. You also didn’t expect it to become so much better either. This night had certainly taken a turn for the better.

……………………………………………………

“Sorry Y/N, this whole thing is just too hard. I can’t do it anymore.”

You could feel the looks of pity and hear the hushed whispers. You didn’t react, or try to argue, just stood and made your way to the bar. You pointed to the alcohol you wanted.

Screw my life.’ You thought.

You couldn’t believe that had just happened and in front of everyone in the club. Your boyfriend had harshly and none to discreetly broken up with you. He claimed you were ‘too much work’. You watched him dance with another girl across the room, from your place at the bar. You felt a pit in your stomach and you turned away, focusing back on your drink. You glared at the bar angrily.

That was fast, moved on already.’

You thought bitterly, and quickly downed your drink. Some of the people in the club would still cast you pitying looks occasionally, which only made you feel worse.

Couldn’t they mind their own business?

You gave a slight nod to the bartender when she refilled your cup again. Someone sat down beside you but you didn’t bother looking to see who it was. You hoped they would just leave you alone.

“That was a rather unpleasant scene.”

No such luck apparently.

“Are you alright darling?”

You glanced at the nicely dressed man but said nothing, not that you could anyways. He offered you his hand and you just raised an eyebrow. Well he was persistent.

“Lucifer Morningstar, and who might you be?”

You rolled your eyes, and he shifted awkwardly at how coldly you brushed him off.

“Right then, not one for talking are you?”

You turned to him with a glare and angrily signed for him to leave you alone, in hopes that he would get the message and leave you alone. The opposite happened, he seemed even more interested in you now.

“Oh I see, are you mute?” He asked.

You glanced at him, you realized he wouldn’t be leaving you a lone anytime soon. You huffed and turned to face him fully.

Go away.

His eyes intently watched your hands move. He smiled at you, but made no move to get up, or stop bothering you.

“I can’t leave just yet, I haven’t even got your name my dear!”

You couldn’t help but smile slightly at his expectant look. You caved a little and gave him your name.

Y/N.”

His smile widened whenever he finally got your name.

“Lovely name. Might I add your ex is an utter idiot.” Lucifer winked.

You smiled again and shook your head dismissively.

“No, no, no, I mean it! He is a moron.”

You gave him a suspicious look, and he just smiled back innocently.

Fishing for brownie points?” You teased.

Lucifer laughed when you signed that and shrugged as he picked up his drink.

“That depends, is it working?”

He looked hopeful and you decided maybe talking to him wasn’t so bad. It certainly took your mind off your ex.

Yes.” You signed.

Lucifer’s eyes lit up, and he waved the bartender over to refill his and your drinks. The two of you spent the night talking, well Lucifer talked and you signed back with just as much enthusiasm. It was approaching 3 a.m. and you felt yourself growing tired. Lucifer seemed to notice because he stood up, placing his jacket around your shoulders.

“I’ll take you home darling.”

He expected you to decline or make an excuse as to why he couldn’t but was pleasantly surprised when you just smiled and signed.

Ok.”