When The Devil's Down

Word Count: 1205

Pairings: Platonic Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, sad fluff, comfort

A/N: Request from anonymous

Summary: Everyone knows Lucifer grieves by distracting himself with parties, and women, sometimes men. He puts on a smile like nothing can get to him. But when the party's over, and all the people have gone, he falls, deep into his own self-loathing. Maze seeks you out, she gives no explanation and you never ask for one. You come, no matter the reason, to pull the Devil from the hell he created for himself.

...................................................................

The room had been dark when Maze and Linda entered the penthouse. Broken bottles and destroyed pictures lay scattered across the floor. The furniture was flipped, and Lucifer sat in the only chair not flipped. His clothes were disheveled, and his hair a mess. His knuckles bled, and they noticed a hole in the wall. Chloe must have been close enough for him to hurt himself.

"Lucifer?" Linda cautiously approached him.

He didn't move, just continued glaring at the floor. Linda frowned, whether he was intentionally ignoring her, or simply didn't hear her, she was still worried. Maze placed a hand on Linda's shoulder pulling her back.

"You won't get anything from him when he's like this." Maze said.

"We can't leave him like that, can we do something? I mean, what do we do?" 

Maze stared a him a moment before turning around, digging in her pockets for her phone.

"We call Y/N."

~

You'd been asleep when your phone rang, you had been so deep in your slumber you almost hadn't heard it. With your head still buried under your blanket you reached over to grab the offending device. You were tired as you answered, nearly halfway asleep when Maze's voice pulled you from your haze entirely.

"Lucifer's in a funk." 

You sat up, throwing the blanket off yourself as you swung your legs over the side of the bed. You grabbed your shoes as you held the phone between your shoulder and your ear.

"Let me change and I'll be there soon."

You hug up, tossing your phone onto the bed as you hurried to the closet. You hurried to dress, and made your way out of the house.

~

Linda turned her head towards the elevator when she heard the doors slide open. Maze was fixing the furniture when you walked in. Lucifer hadn't moved from his place in the corner, but he did lift his head to see who was here. His eyes held your gaze for a moment before dropping back down to stare at the floor.

You offered Linda a small smile as you walked over to Lucifer. Maze nodded to you as she finished her task and went to stand beside Linda again. The blonde woman watched as you gently pried the empty cup from Lucifer's bloody hand. 

"Who's that?" Linda asked curiously.

"Y/N, she is Lucifer's... best friend, I guess is what you'd call her. If he's in a mood it's best to leave it to her." Maze explained.

She led Linda away, leaving you alone to deal with the brooding devil.

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

Lucifer turned his gaze to you, heaving a sigh.

"Not particularly." 

You nodded and stood to your feet. You took his empty glass with you as you made your way to the kitchen, returning with a glass of water. Lucifer frowned when you handed it to him.