A Miscommunication

Word Count: 1325

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, fluff, angsty fluff

A/N: Request from Lyv_Brooke

Summary: Lucifer was absolutely certain he'd done something wrong. Maybe he'd forgotten a date? Or had something he'd done angered you? It was the only explanation for why you were acting so distant. He wasn't sure what it was, just that he had to fix it.
.............................................................

He'd woken to an empty bed, and an even emptier penthouse. It was clear you had left in a hurry, your clothes from the night before were thrown haphazardly on the floor in the closet. Your side of the closet was torn apart as well, as if you were rushed for finding an outfit. Lucifer ventured back into the bedroom, grabbing his phone from the nightstand. It rang a few times before it was finally answered.

"Lucifer I can't talk right now."

Your voice was clipped, you sounded stressed and annoyed.

"I'm sorry to bother you darling, it's just you normally don't leave in such a hurry."

There was muffled voices on your end, and he heard the frustrated sigh you let out.

"Not now Lucifer."

The line went silent, and he realized after a few tense moments that you had hung up on him. He frowned, placing his phone on the bar as he tapped his fingers against the glass surface. He stared blankly at the alcohol shelf in front of him.

He hadn't even been awake long, surely he couldn't have pissed you off already, right?

Lucifer frowned once more, snatching his phone up as he walked back towards the bedroom. Perhaps he just needed more insight on the matter.

~

Linda tapped her pen on her notepad, listening to Lucifer's rant. She waited patiently for him to finish his spiel before offering her own input.

"Did she tell you she was mad at you, or give you any indication that's why she's acting how she is?" Linda asked.

"Of course not, but it's obvious isn't it?" Lucifer scoffed.

"No, from what you've told me, I don't think you're handling this the right way-"

Lucifer perked up at that, a smile on his face.

"You're right, perhaps I am going about this all wrong, I should send a gift, do you think she'd appreciate a new car?"

"I didn't-"

Linda stammered a little, sitting up when Lucifer stood to his feet.

"What a brilliant plan!" Lucifer was practically buzzing with excitement.

"Lucifer that's not what I-"

He wasn't listening, musing to himself as he headed for the door.

"No, you're right Doctor, one gift won't do. If I want her to forgive me, I'll have to give her much more than that!"

Linda watched him go, staring at the door as it closed behind him.

"What just happened?"

~

Your desk was a mess, stacked with papers and files, burying you in a mountain of work you'd never finish. A frustrated sigh escaped your lips and you rested your head in your hands. All you wanted was a few seconds of rest.