Three's A Crowd

Word Count: 1800

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, light fluff

A/N: Request from MythicalCreature26 , and as always I bear no ill will towards Chloe, I love her character.

Summary: Two's a party, three's a crowd, and you felt the most out of place on a case you clearly weren't welcome on. But Lucifer, being Lucifer meant he got his way, even if it didn't work well for the people around him.
............................................................

You'd felt her stares all day, burning holes in the back of your skull when you weren't looking. Anyone could plainly see that you weren't wanted there, and honestly you didn't want to be there.

But Lucifer insisted.

You never could say no to the persuasive devil. However, standing by the yellow police tape, clearly not welcome here, you wished you had.

"What do you think my dear?"

You blinked a few times, pulled from your thoughts by the sound of Lucifer's voice. He'd asked you a question you hadn't heard, probably about the crime scene. Chloe looked at you with a passive expression, and you gave her an uncomfortable smile.

"I think it would have been better if I stayed home." You muttered.

Lucifer frowned, and Chloe raised an eyebrow.

"Nonsense, the Detective doesn't mind, do you Detective?"

Lucifer looked at Chloe expectantly, and she pressed her lips together in a thin line before sighing.

"Civilians aren't supposed to be at crime scenes." She pointed out.

Her gaze lingered on you a little longer than necessary. Her tone seemed clipped, only reinforcing your suspicion that she didn't want you here.

"Perhaps Y/N could be an honorary consultant, just for today?" Lucifer suggested.

You jumped in before Chloe could say anything more, hoping to stop the situation from growing even more awkward.

"I can just meet you back at the precinct."

You were itching to leave, and jumped at the first excuse to do so. Lucifer caught your arm as you tried to scurry away.

"We I suppose if I can't convince you to stay then at least take the Corvette."

You tried to protest, as he all but shoved the keys into your hands.

"I insist, I simply won't have you taking a taxi." Lucifer said sternly.

You snuck a quick peek at Chloe who was watching the exchange with a frown. The unwelcome feeling you had grew, and you lowered your voice, suddenly worried about offending the blonde detective in some way.

"How will you get back?"

"With the Detective of course, now off you pop, we shouldn't be long."

Lucifer kissed your cheek, shooing you away. You almost sighed at the opportunity and had to stop yourself from practically running from the crime scene.

~

You'd sunk into a chair almost as soon as you entered the precinct, hiding away in Ella's lab. Ella watched you curiously as you lazily spun in the chair, staring at the ceiling.

"Where's Chloe and Lucifer?" She spoke up.

You didn't stop your slow spinning, just shrugged.

"Still at the murder."