"Danger? Wait, how did you know...?" Danny asked. "Hold on...a-are you...this whole time..."

"Yes," Ida sighed. "I am also a witch, we all are. I was waiting to see if you kids could figure it out."

"We really need to start paying more attention to these things," Tucker whispered to Valerie, who else just sighed.

"Jasmine, will you, Valerie and Tucker help Mrs. Thimbles? Maria, the salts and juniper bundles are in the kitchen," Ida instructed, not taking her gaze off of Sam's bandaged arm.

"Okay...?" Jazz shrugged, and Tucker and Valerie just looked at each other.

"C'mon, kids," Thimbles guided them to the kitchen. "There's no time to lose."

Ida squeezed Sam's hand in her grasp. She looked up at Danny. "My dear, boy, we need to get her upstairs. We need to draw out the poison."

Danny swallowed. "H-how do we do that?"

"A simple detox bath," Agatha claimed and headed for the kitchen. "It's almost ready upstairs; I'll go get the remaining oils."

"Let's get to the bathroom, dear," Ida said, leading Danny up the stairs.

Sam groaned in pain as leaned her head on Danny's shoulder. Danny's brow furrowed; he held her closer. "Just hang tight for a little longer, Sam. You'll be better soon."

Ida, despite the horrific situation, couldn't stop the small smile on her face. They made it to the top floor and headed straight for the luxurious Victorian bathroom. Silver faucets, white tile, and light lavender floral patterns all the opposite wall. A beautiful, white clawed foot bathtub stood in contrast to the reddening sky outside the open window. Lit candles scattered the counters.

The bathroom was beautiful, but that didn't stop Danny from coughing at the intense smell of apple cider vinegar, along with the smell of citrus, lavender and mint. The bath water was a light pinkish, orange color with leaves of mint and slices of oranges floating on the surface. His eyes watered a bit.

"Set her down by the tub; we need to get the bandage off," Ida instructed as she got some towels out of the linen closet.

Danny did as she said, and gently set Sam against the tub. Even in her unconscious state, Sam could feel the cold tile act as a balm for the ever raging heat.

"What's happening to her? Was it really that...creature? Anguis, I think Sam called it?" Danny asked as he watched Ida gently unwrap the gauze.

Ida huffed. "The claws of the serpent are venomous to the touch; if a wound like this isn't treated properly, it will continue to putrefy."

Putrefy? Danny shivered. "Sh-she put some sort of medicine on it...she said it would be fine..."

"Iris root, yes, I know," Ida spoke , her tone icy. "A remedy for normal afflictions, yes. Demonic venom requires purification and detoxification."

Danny clenched his fist. I was there with her that night. If I had been faster, more careful...hell, I knew something was wrong with her this morning. If I had done something, maybe she wouldn't be...

"Don't blame yourself," Ida said, gently. "The life my granddaughter leads is bound to have its dangers. Just as you, Phantom."

Danny's breath hitched and stuck in his throat. He looked at Grandma Manson in shock. "How...h-how did you...?"

Ida suppressed a snicker. "Did you honestly think that I believed that lie about the Baxter kid beating you up when I saw you outside my door?"

The incident. Danny thought back to his conversation with Sam a few months back when she first arrived. He had gotten in a nasty battle with Plasmius, Vlad Masters' ghost alter ego, and couldn't go to a hospital. Too many questions would be asked.