Chapter 32: Goodbye Luke

We rehearsed almost all day. I had my first show after coming back tonight. I was genuinely so excited about it. It was also Luke's last night before leaving again. He was gonna come to the show and leave in the morning.

I dressed in tight leather shirts with fishnet leggings underneath, a white short sleeve turtle neck crop top, and doc martens. I did my make up and straightened my hair.

When we got to Midnight I wore a hoody over my clothes and kept my face down.

They all went on stage and I stood by the side. Felicity went up to the microphone.

"How is everyone doing tonight?" She asked. People cheered.

"You know i'm so extremely happy that I don't have to do this anymore and I can finally stop singing all the time. Honestly I don't like singing that much. Wanna know who loves singing? Give it up for everybody's favorite... Brooke!" Felicity hyped me up as I took off the hoodie and got on stage. To my surprise people actually cheered loudly as I got on the stage.

"I missed you guys so much." I laughed when I got to the microphone. People cheered and I heard a girl yell that she missed me too.

"I've been gone too long so let's have some fun tonight!"

I wanted to open up with my favorite song at the moment. Champion by Bishop Briggs.

"Alone in my car, I'm in a parking lot, darkest spot in my mind. My tongue is dry, why do I crumble quickly, stumble swiftly? Cursing myself, I burned the furniture a million times in my head. I'm feeling low, got nowhere to go, but back up again. You gotta get bruised before you get mad. You gotta fall down before you fight back. Was feeling so weak but baby, I'm strong. Little did I know, I'm a champion. I'm a champion, on. Oh, oh. I'm a champion, on. Oh, oh I'm a champion..."

As I was dancing and jumping on stage during the chorus a girl tossed up a pride flag at me and i caught it and started dancing with it while I sang.

"Nobody said it'd be an easy ride, obstacles in my way. Scars never change, why do I crumble quickly, stumble swiftly? Cursing the world, I burn the songs I wrote a billion times in my head. I'm feeling low, got nowhere to go but back up again. You gotta get bruised before you get mad. You gotta fall down before you fight back. Was feeling so weak but baby I'm strong. Little did I know, I'm a champion. I'm a champion, on. Oh, oh I'm a champion, on. Oh, oh I'm a champion..."

I felt amazing on stage. I felt like everything else didn't matter except me and the music. I danced and sang and I felt amazing. The crowd looked just as happy and free as I did and I just smiled more.

We finished our set and when I got off the stage I felt amazing. It was a better high than any drug has ever given me. I couldn't stop smiling. While I was getting water from the bartender a girl came up to me. I had never seen her before but she just hugged me. I was shocked but I hugged her back.

"I'm proud of you. I've been sober for 3 years. I'm so happy you got the help you needed and were able to come out here and preform the best i've ever seen you. I was here the first night you guys ever performed here and i've loves you guys since. You're so amazing." She said so kindly. She was probably around 20. She was very pretty with long smooth black hair and blue eyes.

"Thank you. You are so sweet. What's your name?" I asked.

"Abigail. My friends call me Abby." She said with a smile.

"I'm Brooke it's very nice to meet you Abby." I said giving her small hug.

"I know your name." She laughed softly.

"There she is. The famous Brooke with the amazing vocals. You really do pull the whole band together. Now i've been coming to this dingy bar for a few weeks now waiting for you to come back to see the myth and the legend of Brooke Stephens. Honestly I didn't know what I was expecting but you were better than I imagined." Some random guy said walking up to me.