Chapter 2: Making Cookies

What was I thinking? You don't even know these people. They could be the exact people you need to avoid. You could have just walked into the same thing you just left New York for. Brooke pull yourself together. You are gonna get to know them and the type of person they are before you get attached to them. Okay.

"Brooke!" I heard someone shout at me pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up to a slightly annoyed and slightly concerned Haley.

"The bell rang like 5 minutes ago and you've just been sitting here. Let's go." Haley and I had last period Calculus together.

"Yeah we should get going." I stood up and grabbed my bag of the back of my chair and followed Haley out of the classroom.

Haley was going to be riding with me to my house. Jax and Jett were meeting us there and Felicity couldn't come because she had to work.

After we dropped our stuff off in our lockers and got into my car Haley spoke.

"Wanna telling me what you were thinking about back in the classroom?"

"Just stuff." I shrugged.

"That didn't seem like just stuff. You were completely zoned out."

"I just have a lot on my mind with the move and all."

"Okay. Makes sense." She says while putting her feet up on my dashboard. She rolled down her window and turned the music up. She seemed so care free and happy. I wish that could be me. A girl without a care in the world but it's not and it's probably never going to be.

We soon got to my house where Jax and Jett were waiting by their motorcycles. Yeah motorcycles. Could they honestly get anymore cliche? I rolled my eyes while Haley and I walked towards them.

When we get inside I showed them around for a few minutes before we went up to my room.

"Didn't you just move in yesterday?" Haley asked looking around my completely set up room.

"Yeah apparently Amanda and Darren have been talking for a few weeks setting up my room before I got here."

"That's so cool." Haley started looking at my pictures around my room. She grabbed a picture of my parents and me. I was in my cheerleading uniform holding a trophy. My mom and Dad standing next to me smiling. My youth team had just won nationals.

"You're a cheerleader?" She asked.

"Was." I replied.

"Are these your parents?" She asked pointing to the people next to me.

"Yeah."

"Do you mind me asking what happened to them?" Jax asked finally one of the boys speak.

"They died in a car accident when I was 14. Right before high school."

"I'm sorry." He said sincerely and came and gave me a hug.

"Thanks." I responded even though I hate it when people apologize but I know people usually don't know what to say. I hugged him back.

"Well I think we need to have a little fun." Haley said smiling at something she saw. I followed her eyes to what she was looking at.

"Twister? I seriously haven't played that since I was 10." Jett finally spoke.

"We played it all the time in cheer. It's a fun game that involves flexibility." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"No way. A bunch of cheerleaders playing twister Now that's hit." Jett said with a stupid smirk. Jax smacked him in the back of the head.