Loving Views - Kenshin

Start from the beginning

Without even knowing it I had stayed staring at this magnificent and vibrant garden for way longer than I had planned. The next thing I knew an intimate voice was calling my name.

"Y/n? there you are" I turned around upon hearing a very dear voice to my heart and saw Kenshin with beams of sun shooting down on him as he walked through the garden of flowers. It was so beautiful to look at I almost cried.

"What are you doing out here all alone?" Kenshin asked as he stopped in front of me and then took in my misted and hazed eyes. "Have you been crying? What's wrong?" Kenshin ran his smooth thumb underneath my eye with a worried expression. 

Then I snapped out of the trance I was in "S..sorry nothings wrong. It seems my eyes got a bit watery when I was looking out on the scenery. It was really sentimental" I reassured him. Gazing at the flowers and the water coupled with Kenshin walking over limned in light and love had moved me to the point that I didn't even know that I was about to cry from overwhelmed emotions.

"Okay. As long as your tears weren't brought on by sadness that I guess that's okay" he remarked though he still looked quite torn about whether any tears should be allowed. "Do you want to go out today with me? I have the rest of the day off" he declared picking up my lax hand and lacing his fingers with mine.

"That sounds like a great idea" We walked hand in hand through the garden and eventually exited the castle and found ourselves on a familiar path leading up to the town. 

Some time passed and we had seated ourselves down in a local tea house that Kenshin led the way too. Ordering two portions of the current seasonal food we got to chatting about what had been brought up in war council. 

After we ate, Kenshin kept me close by his side and never let go of my hand as we passed the crowded paths full of citizens. Stopping in front of a large tree that had sprouted orange petals and gave the perfect shade and even better place to sit. 

Kenshin guided me closer to the tree where he then sat down.

"Come here, Y/n" His legs were crossed on the ground and he leaned back against the tree all the while looking at me with two different piercing eyes that were full of love and admiration. We were quite far out that I knew no one would see this public display of romance.

I settled myself gently in his lap and I fit as though I meant to belong there. I laid back against his lithe chest and he ran his soft hands gently through my hair. Neither of us said another word as the moment was just too perfect. 

A butterfly flew past and the orange petals were floating down around us as the sunset shined brightly and turned the whole sky into looking just like the tree we were sitting under. 

It had gotten so late now. We've been under this tree for 7 hours. Kenshin's curious eyes were on my face and mine were closed as I snuggled into his chest.

Kenshin POV

Looking down on Y/n as she was content in my lap as the world changed from light to dark around us was one of the best moments of my life. How was I allowed this perfect piece of heaven after I had killed so many. I would never know the answer but as much as I thought about it I knew there was nothing that could get me to leave Y/n.

The wind picked up and more glorious orange petals fell to our sides. Y/n's hair looked as if the wind was brushing it softly. Years ago I would not have cared about such a sight as this or even wanting to be apart of a scene just like this one but since knowing Y/n lots of my dreams had changed and I found that not even being in a war could come close to this perfect view in front of me. 

Y/n's POV

I opened my eyes and looked up at Kenshin to find he was also looking at me with an expression that just couldn't be described. I don't think a word for such a powerful emotion had been invented. It was getting late now so we grasped each others hands and made our way back through the now almost empty street as the lights faded and ultimately went dark around us. 

As we walked silently back home I looked down at our joined hands and knew that I would never let go.

AUTHORS NOTE

I was in a daze as I was writing this, It seems that listening to piano music like River Flows In You does that to you. This story feels so sentimental and there is a really deep emotion moving around it but I don't know if you guys will be able to tell. I was kind of writing my own feelings from what I was feeling at the time while writing this and using them. I hope you enjoyed, I wanted to post a new story a couple days ago but I was caught up with my birthday and just resting now that everything is out of the way. Now I am glad I didn't write before because then this story that is just very random would never have come to be. Thank you for reading I hope you liked this as much as I enjoyed writing it.