The Daily Escapades Of The Uesugi Family - Kohana Entry 1

A new series which follows Kenshin and Y/n's daily lives as a family with their three children. What shenanigans will their children pull?. Future entries will posted in a separate book which is already available 

-- Kohana is the 6-year-old daughter of Kenshin and Y/n. She is very smart and enjoys reading. She looks very similar to her mother apart from her most standout features of blonde hair and heterochromia eyes just like her father. Her adoration of Shingen is immense and they have a great relationship. Just like her mother she is also strong-minded and won't stand for anyone telling her what she can and cannot do --

Waking up before her parents, she climbed slowly off her bed and got herself ready for the day, even tying her own obi. After that was done, she padded over to her shelf of scroll books. Selecting the one she was half-way through, which was a study on amphibians. She sat down up her desk and engrossed herself into the scroll.

A short time later and her mother was walking through the door. Planning to wake Kohana up and was stunned to see her already awake although she had woken up early every day of the week so far. Little Kohana, hair already brushed turned to her mother at the door.

"Good morning, mother. Did you sleep well?" she questioned as she got up to greet her mother in a traditional and proper fashion. She bowed low, looking adorable the entire time.

"Good morning to you too Kohana, I did sleep well" her mother answered and gestured to the book that laid open on her daughter's desk. "What are you reading today, baby?"

"A rather interesting scroll book that Uncle Sasuke picked up for me on his last mission. It goes into detail about frogs and newts and other cold-blooded vertebrates" she explained and her extraordinary brown and blue eyes lit up to be speaking of her passions.

"That's nice sweetie. I'm going to go and wake up your brothers now so I'll see you at breakfast" she left the room and Kohana walked back to her desk and subsequently placed her scroll back onto the shelf before leaving the room herself.

In the hallway outside her room, she bumped into her father. Being his only daughter and the one child who looked the most like him they had always had a special bond. Despite knowing how independent she was, he couldn't help but treat her like glass.

"Good morning, my princess" Kenshin smiled at his daughter, one of the two most precious women to him in the world. Kohana bowed down to her father as she had done to her mother earlier. They kept telling her she didn't have to be formal with them as they were her parents but she insisted that she has to do this, that she has to uphold the Uesugi name. Kenshin's smile had a hint of humour to it as he laid a fatherly hand on the top of her head and stroked her hair gently.

"Good morning. I hope that you have a pleasant and productive day at work" she stated to him and together they walked to the main hall to meet up with her mother and brothers for breakfast.

When they got there, Kensuro her older brother was running around with her younger brother called Chisai. Her mother was trying to get them to calm down and eat breakfast. Already seated were Shingen and Yukimura who were residing in Kasugayama for a short while on a visit. As soon as she saw Shingen, she broke her stiff and polished demeanour and smiled widely, much to Kenshin's dismay.

She walked over and sat next to Shingen and her stiff well-mannered wall was now back up. Kenshin sat to the other side of Kohana and watched Shingen like a hawk. Next to Kenshin was his wife Y/n and next to her were their sons. During breakfast, they all partook in conversation of trivial and non-trivial matters.

Shingen and Kohana spent their time eating stew and rice while Shingen explained what he had been doing lately and how things were going in Kai while Kohana hung on his every word but didn't forget decorum.