"Not Again!" - Kenshin

"Not again!" screamed Kenshin

He writhed against the bed; his face scrunched up in some form of agony that was not visible.

He jolted around under the covers, a sheen of sweat forming on his symmetrical face.

"NO!! NO! d...don't leave me" his breathing becoming laboured and you could see he was in pain.

"Y/N!!!, I'm sorry" He half breathed and yelled

I opened my eyes to the sound of my name being called; it was more like shouted. I looked around and then felt movement next to me, I could hear very hard breathing coming from next to me, I instantly knew the breaths were coming from Kenshin.

"Kenshin?, Kenshin!" I shook him gently and wiped away the droplets of sweat that were on his forehead.

Kenshin's eyes fluttered open and the expression on his face was painful to look at, it was one of relief and loss. It didn't belong on such a god-like face.

Suddenly I was pulled into his arms and he held me so tightly it was like he thought if he let me go, he would lose me forever.

"Woah" my voice was groggy. He kept me in his arms for what felt like hours, stroking my hair with gentle hands and he was murmuring something but I couldn't make out what.

"Are you okay?" I asked him worried, he sighed in relief

"Kenshin?" I asked trying to make sense of what was going on.

He hummed in response

He pulled back from the tight embrace a few inches to look at me but his arms were still wrapped round me like a cage. He stared into my eyes and his face started to smooth out and go back to normal.

"What's wrong?" I caressed his face gingerly, removing some more perspiration in my attempt to soothe him.

He sat up and pulled me into his lap the whole he never let go of me once, his arms still encased around me, I fit snug in his folded legs

I turned my head to look at him, he was smiling at me, a different smile I'd never seen form on his lips before.

"I dreamt you left me, I dreamt you died" he forced the last word out his expression turning back to pain. "It was my fault" he started caressing my cheek maybe to comfort himself or maybe to prove I was actually here.

I sat more upwards in his lap so we were eye to eye.

"Don't worry, I will never leave you, even when I do eventually die it will never be your fault. Okay?"

I leaned in and sealed my promise with a kiss it took him a few seconds to return the kiss. We were kissing so passionately that my head was started to become dizzy.

I broke the kiss "I'm never leaving you; I love you" I went back in for another kiss to show him how much I really meant what I said.

"Thank you, Y/n" Kenshin looked at me and the breath-taking smile he gave me showed me he believed me. "I love you too"

We spent the rest of the night sleeping soundly together wrapped up in each other's arms never to let go.