Chapter 5: The closet. Talk it Out!

Carly's POV
"I wanna talk" Zoro said while standing next to me. I frowned and crossed my arms.
"Well I don't." I muttered while walking over to the wall. I could practically hear my own breathing from how quite it got. Zoro leaned against the opposite wall and laughed.
"Yeah of course you don't." he whispered loud enough for me to hear. I turned around and looked at him.
"What's so important about talking anyway!" I yelled.
"Well if you don't wanna spend the rest of your life in this closet, then I suggest it would be a good idea to get that mouth running." he commented. Sighing, I agreed with his statement.
"Fine, what do you want to talk about?" I asked, gesturing for him to speak. He looked to the side like he was lost in thought before turning back to me. Staring me in the eyes, he spoke.
"I wanna talk about us." he started. I frowned, I was hoping that wouldn't be the topic. Seeing as that's the reason we are in here, I kinda knew that it would come up eventually.
"We know about the pirate hunter stuff." he admitted while staring at me. My eyes widened and I looked away. Slightly ashamed of myself, I felt my face flush pink.
"We found my wanted poster on the floor." he continued. I looked back at him as he looked kind of emotionless.
"S-so what! You wanna rub it in my face or something?" I yelled. He shook his head slowly before going to speak.
"I wanna know if you really wanna go through with it. If you would be willing to try and take me back to the Marines, or would you hesitate." Upon hearing his words I felt my legs start to shake.
"I-i" I tried to speak, but the words were stuck. He crossed his arms and nodded.
"That's what I thought." he mumbled after hearing my attempts at speaking. I slowly ran my hands through the bottom of my braid. I kept trying to tell myself that the mission was the most important thing, but maybe in this case it wasn't. Fate sent me here for something, and I'm sure gonna find out what it is. Zoro's deep, yet calming voice pulled me out of my thoughts.
"How do you truly feel about me?" the green haired boy asked. Shrugging, I tried my best to dodge the question. Almost like he could hear my thoughts, he walked closer to me.
"That's not an answer." his voice sounding slightly irritated. Sweat trickled down my forehead as I felt his hot breath against my cheeks. Closer and closer he came until I gave in.
"Fine! I'll answer, just back up!" I said, panicked from how close he was. A smirk stretched across his cheeks, he knew every weakness that I had and how to exploit them.
"I'm not sure how I feel about you... I used to care so much for you to the point that it felt like my heart would beat for you and only you. Now being here with you again, seeing you and knowing that we aren't together anymore kinda hurts.. " I answered, every word completely truthful. Suddenly I felt two strong arms around me. He was hugging me. Tears formed in my eyes as I thought about how much I really missed this. He pulled away and frowned.
"I may not be the greatest love expert and stuff like that, but I know how I felt when we broke up and how I still feel. Two years ago you told me that you would never stop loving me, but now I feel like the one who can't stop loving you. I know you probably are still mad for everything that happened, but that doesn't change how I feel about you." he explained as his face started to flush a deep red the more he spoke. Tears fell down my cheeks as I stared at Zoro. After two years I've finally see him in a new light. He's the person who loves me and wants me to be happy, not the jerk who broke my heart over a small mistake. Zoro stared back until letting out a small laugh.
"I never thought I would be the hopeless romantic out of the two of us." he chuckled. I smiled and started to laugh as well. It felt nice to laugh again with him, to feel whole again. Both of us felt unrequited love for the other, never wanting to let go. A tearing feeling inside that he exploited more than I. I've never been ready to admit the pain that I've felt, my heart breaking more everyday without seeing his face. Now standing here, laughing with him.. everything felt normal, but we both knew it wasn't back to normal just yet. Zoro walked over to me and held both of my hands. Lips trembling from the tears that had almost stopped falling, I tried to keep my smile up. Zoro let go of one of my hands to wipe the tears from my cheeks before gently placing my smaller hand back in his.
"Carly, I love you more than anything......Please be my girlfriend again." he whispered, looking straight into my bright green eyes.
"Roronoa Zoro, I would love nothing more than to be your girlfriend again." I answered quietly. Zoro smiled and pulled me into another hug. I laid my head on his chest, hearing his soothing heartbeat. I've missed every part of this. Zoro kissed my head lightly before letting go of me to walk over to the door.
"Luffy you can let us out now!" he yelled while knocking slightly on the wooden door. The door opened to reveal the skinny rubber boy.
"How did it go?" luffy asked, tilting his head slightly. Zoro looked back at me and smiled before looking at Luffy.
"It went great, but my girlfriend and I have a score to settle with you Captain." he smirked before Luffy gulped and started to run away. Winking at me, Zoro ran after the straw hat wearing boy, pulling out a sword on the way. I giggled at their stupidity.
"I've got one heck of a boy."