Chapter 7: Captain down! Retreat from the Battle.

Zoro's POV
     Nami frowned,
"Zoro what are you doing I could have killed her! Why did you hold me back!" She kept yelling at me. While holding Nami back I didn't even notice the sound of someone hitting the ground. Nami raised an eyebrow and looked over my shoulder.
"Wait I don't remember hitting her" she pointed out while staring past me. I turned around quickly and saw Carly laying on the ground holding her leg. Wait,.... was that the thing that I hit. While Nami kept asking questions I ran over to her and took a knee to inspect her. She kept wincing in pain as I tried to remove her hands from her leg. I finally pulled them away and saw a huge slash across the whole front and side of her leg. Blood was pouring down it and had now formed a puddle next to her. Luffy ran over and had a wide smile on his face.
"All of those pirates are either dead or unconscious. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit them hard enough to kill them though" he laughed while he scratched his hatless hair. He looked down at Carly and his smile dropped,
"Oh looks like you took care of her too. Doesn't look like she can get up." He mumbled softly, staring at her hurting figure. Usopp ran over to us from behind a tree,
"Big news guys! One I called the Usopp pirates and they should be on their way to help us out. And two I let the marines know about the Conquerors being here and they are on their way. They say they've been searching for Captain Carly for years now and they can finally have her!" He exclaimed. I held my head in my hands and did the most rational thing I thought possible. I picked Carly up bridal style and looked at the others,
"We have to take her to the hospital, she's injured." I insisted. They questioned me the whole way about why I was doing this for her, but I never answered. I would occasionally stare down at her in my arms and feel bad for what happened. Honest truth I felt pretty bad for her after hearing all that stuff about her admiring me and all. That's why I wouldn't let Nami hurt her. I've never had this feeling before, but I wanted to protect her at all cost.

Carly's POV
     I woke up in the hospital with a bad headache.
"Ugh" I groaned when I tried to get up. I couldn't walk thanks to that idiot Zoro! I know he didn't do it on purpose though, so I'm not that mad. Speaking of the devil, Zoro walked into the room with a glass of milk in his hands.
"Doctor said to give you this, he says you're probably thirsty." He explained to me as I took the glass from him and frowned.
"Look, I don't need any doctor telling me what to do. I'm fine!" I yelled at him while he pulled up a chair and sat in front of me.
"Grow up and drink it!" He groaned. I took a small sip and stared at him.
"Why did you do that?" I asked him referring to when he saved me. He raised an eyebrow,
"Cause the doctor told me to" he replied in his deep yet sweet voice. I rolled my eyes his direction.
"Not that you idiot! Why didn't you let her hit me earlier, both you and I know if she hit me hard enough I would've been killed." I questioned the swordsmen. Zoro frowned and rubbed the back of his neck.
"I just.. couldn't let you die." He mumbled softly.