Chapter seven

Beck calls Tori.

"Hey Beck." Tori says.
"Hey. Um. I think we need to break up." Beck says.
"Why?" Tori asks.
"I. Um. I. I cheated on you." Beck says.
"You promised me Beck. I trusted you. And this is what you do with my trust? Unbelievable. Yeah we do need to break up." Tori says.

She ends the call and calls Jade.

Jade flops on her bed and stares at the ceiling. Her phone rings. Without knowing who it is, she answers the call.

"Whoever this is better have a good reason for calling me." Jade says.
"Do you really not have my number saved in your contacts?" Tori asks

Jade sits up.

"I wasnt looking at who was calling." Jade says.

Tori laughs.

"Typical. Anyway, you okay?" Tori asks.
"Yeah. I'm good. Wait. What did you mean by typical?" Jade asks.
"Nothing." Tori says.

They talk for a little longer.

"Hey Tori?" Jade asks.
"Yeah." Tori says.
"Meet up at Nozu after school on Monday?" Jade suggests.
"Yeah." Tori says.

They talk for a tiny bit longer before Tori has to go.

Monday after school, Jade and Tori go to Nozu. They're sat together. After 10 excruciating minutes with two guys, they decide to send them hints that they need to leave them alone through music.

The guys leave.

The next day, Tori walks through the school doors to see Jade and Beck mid kiss in front of her locker. She looks down and walks to the black box being secretly trailed by Cat.

Tori walks in and drops her bag on the floor. She feels an anger taking over. Tori looks at a chair and launches it at a wall. She hears a squeal and turns around to see Cat.

"What?" Tori asks.
"Nothing. You okay?" Cat asks.
"I wouldn't have thrown a chair at a wall if i was. I just dont wanna talk about it." Tori says.

Tori grabs her bag and leaves followed by Cat. She sees Jade and Beck still kissing in front of her locker. Tori sighs and looks down.

"Are you upset cos your ex is kissing your best friend or are you upset for another reason?" Cat asks.
"Upset? I'm not upset. Im annoyed cos i cant get to my locker. But I'll carry my stuff around with me." Tori says.

Cat nods.

Tori sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than Cat but Cat didn't say anything.

Tori sits down in Sikowitz's class at the back alone.

Sikowitz walks in.

"Where's Tori?" He asks.
"At the back." Rex says.
"Why are you sat alone and at the back?" Sikowitz asks.
"I wanna." Tori says.
"Really?" Jade asks.
"If i wanna sit at the back, I'm gunna sit at the back. Okay? You and your boyfriend were kissing in front of my locker so i couldn't put my stuff in there." Tori says.

Jade looks at her.

"Be right back." Tori says.

She stands up and grabs her bag.

"Jade go get her." Sikowitz says.
"Already going." Jade says.

Tori gets to her locker and punches it incredibly hard. She opens the locker and puts her back in it. When she closes it, she hears a door shut. She ignores it and sits on the floor.

"Fuck it. Just fuck it all." Tori mumbles.

She stands back up and hits her head on the slim but open locker causing her to yelp in pain a little and punches the locker again before slamming it shut.

"I HATE EVERYTHING!" Tori yells not realising Jade was stood watching.

She groans really loud.

"I dont understand. Why? Why did she do this? I tell her and this what she does?" Tori says.

Flashback.

Tori and Jade sit back down after getting rid of them dumb guys.

"Jade." Tori says.
"Yeah?" Jade asks.
"Me and Beck broke up." Tori says.
"Why?" Jade asks.
"He cheated on me." Tori says.
"Are you serious?" Jade asks.

Tori nods.

"Can i kill him?" Jade asks.

Tori laughs.

"I'm telling you now, Beck is at the top of my bad list." Jade states.
"You dont have to lie. If you wanna get with him, you can." Tori says.
"There is no way in hell am i getting with him. Ever. He's horrible to you. I dont even like him." Jade says.

End of flashback.

"She lied to me. I wouldn't have cared if she did wanna get with him. Just why lie abouf it?" Tori says.

Jade sinks down on the floor.

"Fuck it. I'm going home." Tori says.

Tori grabs her stuff and leaves.

Jade stands up a little too late. She runs back into Sikowitz's class.

"Where's Tori?" Sikowitz asks.

Jade grabs her bag and goes to leave but Beck grabs her wrist.

"Babe. Sit down. Now." Beck says toxicity lacing his voice.

When Jade doesn't sit down, he tightens his grip. Jade reluctantly sits back down.

When Tori gets home, she thinks the house is empty. Tori throws her bag into the kitchen and sits on the couch forgetting that Trina is home. Trina walks down.

"Tori?" Trina asks.
"I forgot you was here." Tori says.

Trina sits next to Tori.

"Go away. I know Beck cheated on me with you again." Tori says.
"Not me. Jade." Trina says.