Sneak Peak

He looked at the papers that were kept on his table. Just a moment ago, he had gone through it and got aware of the devastating truth. He was grateful for the huge mahogany table that separated him from her. Else she would have easily noticed his trembling knees and unsteady breath. Sweat beads adorned his forehead so he acted to lower the temperature in the room as if blaming air-conditioner for his distress.

He looked at the fragile petite figure seated before him. She looked as calm and collected since she arrived. Her truth attributes to her confidence. But he was losing his cool because of the truth. 

For him, keeping control was his strength. It tensed him severely when he feared losing. It is crystal clear that she has an upper hand. But he need not accept it before her and give in easily. He needs to remain dominant to sustain his command or atleast pretend to be so. He took a deep breath and tried to play well. 

"What did you say your name is?", his tone was crass. Although he knew it already, he tried to imply that she is too petty for him to recall. "Mehek", she replied softly. "Mehek what?", he barked at her. "Just...Mehek", she wavered a bit but told clearly. 

He smirked and stood up. "So Just Mehek", he mocked her while walking towards her. He poured a glass of water for her, "now that I am sure you are telling the truth", he gave the glass of water to her, "Let's get to business". 

Mehek took the glass from with gratitude and gulped down the water, simply indicating that she was really thirsty. He was disappointed that he couldn't see any trace of nervousness on her face.

"Tell me your demands", he asked calmly although he mind was in turmoil. The insignificant woman sitting before him, who doesn't even seem to posses  a proper surname can actually force him, Mr Shaurya Khanna to succumb to her demands. But he tried to act as if he couldn't care. If not dealt carefully, she could harm his fame, name and of course his peace of mind.

"I have no demands but request for your favour", she spoke softly and gave back the glass to him. She didn't seem to acknowledge her power to bargain a better deal with him. She looked to be genuinely pleading him to aid her.

For a moment, he was intrigued. Curiosity got better of his apprehension. "What favour you need from me, Ms Mehek?", he asked while being eager to hear from her. "I need your help", she told him as if weighing her words. "Help for what?", he got impatient. "To get Justice", she replied swiftly. Shaurya dropped the glass he was holding. Time stood still until shattering sound broke silence in the room.