Chapter 53

=Hiccup=

I don't know which big news makes me want to pass out more: the Tsunami headed this way that's about to kill us all or the fact that our dragons can now talk after we left them on the beach for a few minutes. Even though it felt like hours, it wasn't even close to an hour all that happened in here.

"Since when can you talk?" I found myself asking him.

"Umm, since that beam of light came from the top of the glacier, shot into the sky and descended into little snowflakes which miraculously gave us the ability to talk like humans. Now, can we focus please. A wave that can kill us all is headed this way and we're all still standing here." Toothless chastised me as he and the other dragons led us out of the river.

He definitely has attitude, I confirmed that now. We all woke up from the shock and focused more on our lives suddenly at stake instead of our best friends that can fly and breath fire, and now can suddenly talk like humans.

He was right. When we got out, a huge wave was headed towards us. It was still pretty far away, but it was moving fast.

"Not again." I grumbled, so did everybody else that went through the same thing back on Berk, both humans and dragons.

"Should we make a wall again like last time?" Meatlug asked.

"No time, Meatlug. There's more ice than rocks here, and I don't know if that'll hold against a wave that big. And there are no sea stacks anywhere." Astrid replied to her.

"The ice wouldn't hold for long, I knew that. I just didn't have any idea at what point it would give." Elsa said.

"I'm guessing the layer of ice held the raging waves in, but it got stronger the more it was contained. And it gave out, turning into this monster of a wave that's gonna kill us all if we don't do something fast!" Iceblade said, reminding us a little bit at the end of his statement.

I tried to think of something, but Jack and Elsa already had a solution, which was: head to the wave together. Jack flew there while Elsa rode the Nokk.

"What the hell are they doing?" Skylar asked.

"My guess is to try and stop that wave with their powers, if they don't die trying." Whiteout answered.

And he was on point. That was their plan, it looks like.

The wave was approaching fast. I don't think they were gonna make it in time.

"Everyone take cover!" I warned everyone as we huddled into one tight group with all the dragons using their wings and bodies to protect us.

We all closed our eyes and waited to be drenched my a mountain-sized splash of seawater. But it never came. I looked up and saw a huge, thick wall of ice protecting us from the wave. It wasn't just a wall, too. It was basically a dome made of very thick ice that covered the entire glacier.

Elsa and Jack were right in in front of us, hands and staff glowing and misting. They made the dome, alright. But, it didn't look like it was gonna hold for long.

"Everybody okay?" Elsa checked up on us.

"We're all good." Angel replied on behalf of everyone.

"How much longer can you hold, mates?" the anthropomorphic rabbit that was taller than me known as the Easter Bunny asked them.

"Not long, but just enough until the water is all clear and the wave is gone." Jack replied.

It didn't take long though. The ice was pretty clear and we could see the water slowly descending back to normal sea level. They removed the dome, and were panting hard.

"That was pretty hard core guys. Which should mean a lot coming from us." Stormfly complimented them, the last part clearly in reference to all the dragons there.

And coming from her, that should say a lot.

"Thanks." They said as they finally got their breathing back to normal.

"So.... what now?" Midnight asked.

"Well, I think we celebrate. Families reunited, loves happy together at last. We can talk now. People getting raised from the dead, old friendships rekindled, destinies discovered. Other than the betrayal and the evil plan, I'd say today is worth celebrating." Toothless said.

"Yeah, I agree. It's only been ....what? Like, two or so weeks? But, it felt like a year. And I don't know about you guys, but I wanna have some fun and take advantage of the fact that I have the power to spill the deepest darkest secrets of my best friend." Windshear agreed, clearly referring to Heather about the last part.

"Well, there goes telling the dragons everything out the window." Snotlout commented.

Yeah, tell me about it. It was only starting to sink in as Windshear said it; the fact that Toothless can speak, he can now tell everyone all my deepest, darkest secrets. But, he won't do it. Right?

"Okay, other than that terrifying note on secrets getting spilled, I agree with Windshear. Today is definitely worth celebrating, and I say we do so." Heather agreed with her dragon.

So did everybody else. Me included. I need a distraction first before I deal with Johann's betrayal, and a party is just what I need.

"Last one to Arendelle gets to clean up the mess." Elsa challenged out of nowhere before she jumped on Angel and they both sped off towards Arendelle.

We all shared a look of shock before we all hopped on our dragons, some of use doubling up so we can all get fly there together. And it was a race for who doesn't wanna be last.

I could tell this was definitely gonna be a night to remember. And a feeling deep down in my gut tells me that this group we have now, is gonna stick together for a long while. Adults, teens, spirits and dragons. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I can worry about the future tomorrow or the next day.

Right now, I wanna savor this moment with this big family we all are now.